Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

A foreign intruder posting here. I'm Riesja from the Netherlands and I bought an ZX6r 'J'model (manufacturing date 2000).
I am using it for trackdays only and I have to say it is a pretty good bike despite it's age.

The only shitty part(s) on the bike are the Tokico 6 pot calipers. After 4 trackdays they already need an overhaul as they are running against the discs and preventing the wheel from turning freely.

On the dutch forum they recomended me to buy Calipers from a Homda CBR600rr pc37 as they would fit right on(no adjustmens needed). So with that in mind, I bought a pair. Unfortunately the holes for the bolts turned out not to fit at all.:unsure::cautious:

So now I'm still looking for replacement calipers which are an improvement to the current ones I have.
My preference goes to a conversion kit to mount a couple of radial calipers(if not to expensive). An axial upgrade can also do the job if they are a real improvement.

I hope you can help me out with options te consider.

Kind regards

Riesja

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
so, the calipers are flexed/distorted enough that they are rubbing against the brake rotors??
I've had my J1 for 19 years now and track raced it many times and never had it do such a thing.......I would assume that with new pads and making sure the lower forks arent bent that this shouldnt happen again with a new set of stock style calpiers installed. a set of HH rated pads, steel braided lines and a radial brake master cylinder makes this an impressive braking setup.......and a front fork brace makes it even more solid.( which I have one for sale,LOL)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jake, Thank you for the answer. Just to be sure I already put in some new sintered galfer pads. Undortunately this did not help. Bending of the lower forks does not look realistic as I did not crashed it (yet haha). Please correct me if I'm wrong but under normal circumstances bending of the fork is almost not possible?
When i bought the bike, it already came with steel braided lines. What do you mean with front fork brace?

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Do you have a picture of what you are describing??

This locks the lower section of the forks to make things more rigid and all around better front end feel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts