Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ya I Asked Around A Few Times About The Rattle In My Engine N I Get Alot Of The "jus Ignore It" Cuz Once The Bike Is Warm It Goes Away. Ok, So Im Riding Nex 2my Friend Yesterday N Once I Stopped I Heard The Lil Rattle Go To A Sound Like... A Damn Blender Was Chopping Up Metal??? It Sounded Awful!!! So I Brought It To The Garage Took The Tank Off Got The Air Filter Box Out Of The Way Disconnected The Carbs Til I Got To The Screws To Unbolt Em Them Shits R In There Tight, But I Put Some Wd-40 To Loosen Em Up Alil? Only Thing Is After I Take Out The Carbs What Exactly Do I Do Next Cause I See Videos Of Ppl Repairing Em An They Take The Engine Out Completely??? I Was Kinda Hoping I Can Do It With It The Engine Still Mounted In The Frame If Thats Possible? But If I Ever Get To The Part Do I Tightn The Part Or Completely Replace It? I Dont Have A New Part Yet.

Help???
Thank You

·
Registered
731 Posts
why'd you pull your carbs out? Air box yes, but if its like an 02 the cam tensioner is on the side of the motor that faces the back of the bike, on the right hand side about half way down. 2 small bolts top and bottom with a big bolt in the middle.

You can either replace it with a new one if need be, or switch to a manual cam chain tensioner.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 small bolts top and bottom with a big bolt in the middle.

You can either replace it with a new one if need be, or switch to a manual cam chain tensioner.
yeah i unbolted all that but the piece wont slide out thats y the book was telling me to take off all this stuff. it said it can b done in the frame... Cuz i dont think i wood know how to take the engine out.

·
Registered
731 Posts
its just in there really tight, if you wiggle it back and forth, actually you can turn it sideways and trust me it comes out. But ya might be worth going to a shop, i'd like to install a manual tensioner but i have to do a little more research as to how to tell how much tension to actually put on it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i got word from the place.. they said either get a new motor or get a new bike... cuz gettn a new motor threw them is gona cost me more then the bike is worth. they said the motors comin apart. So either i get a new motor somewhere cuz idk where the hell i wood or i jus sell my bike period with the title for $1000 which i might end up to do.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Where you located at? I may be interested in the bike... Or rebuilding it or replacing the engine for you for a good price...
Ben

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Connecticut actually... Im thinkin of keeping the bike but idk where exactly to get an engine. I'm actually gona finance for a 05 R6 but i want my Ninja to actually b in good condition.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this guy called hes like i dont kno if a 1995 Engine would fit but i have 1 hes sellin it for $200 idk if it would fit or anything. but I know i want the ninja running diffidently tho. if i brout it to kawasaki there gona charge time n all this shit so im kinda lookin inhouse to get it done if possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts