Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a new tensioner for my '95 zx6r, in the hopes that it'll fix the REALLY REALLY ANNOYING rattle coming from below my gas tank, and I am getting ready to install. I have the regular service manual for my bike and was just going to follow the directions in that. However, if anyone has any advice on what NOT to do, or tricks that'll make it go smoother, I'd appreciate it! I know this topic was brought up a while ago, so sorry if the info gets repeated.

Keep the g's on!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The only problem I remember having is that it is a tight fit against the frame. I think I had to remove a coil and use a universal joint to get at the one bolt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey citabria, could you please let me know if the cam chain tensioner fix the rattling noise. I have the same problem and it his driving me nuts. Thank you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
most older zx6r's and a bad ajuster.i have a 98 and i got a manule one (O i cant spell) but i do know what im talking about.u just remove the tank and the ajuster(DON'T ROTATE THE MOTOR)PUT THE NEW AJUSTER ON AND PUT THE 2 BOLTS IN( lock tight).then tighten the big bolt till U feel it stop then just a 1/4 turn more and tighten the locking nut.lock tight the locking nut. TM I do all my own work and i work on cars for a living

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.