Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into ordering the supposed world supersport team spec cams(kawasaki part # 49118-0006) from Kawasaki.com? The site SAYS intended for closed course use only, but would the dealership install them during a valve adjustment?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I dont think that they would install them for free during the valve adjustment. They will measure your stock setup first, if everything is in spec then there will be no reason for them to pull the cams out.

If they have to adju some shims then they would ahve to pull the cams, but that does not mean the new cams would be able to drop in on the same shims and work. The new cams may require several or alot of the shims be changed in order to work right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I wasn't all that clear. If I were to buy these cams around the time of my 15000 mile service and have them changed at that time since the cams would be right there when checking clearances. Also since the site states that these cams are INTENDED for closed course use, would the dealership do it or get all political and not because of the federal regulations and all that crap. Since most people on here are all about getting more power out of their 636, you would think this has been discussed before. Depending on how much power you could gain the 270 bucks for the cams to me would be money well spent. Plus you were paying for the service on the valves anyway why not another hour of labor to install new cams?

·
Registered
138 Posts
haha the dealers dont care if its intended for closed course use only. they just wanna make money. they'll install it no questions asked.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
wouldnt mind seeing what is up with these cams myself as i have a head that i am doing some work on and would be nice to just add a little extra something something to get the most from the porting,valve job and thinner headgasket..

Shoot me a link if you would please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I will make a few calls and see what the deal with these are, to be sure they arent just some 05/06 cams...
As they would be perfect to add to my cylinder head.
I need to get a spring compressor so i can check on the head, as from what i have been readin the 6RR has damn good head clean up from the factory so maybe just a valve job and thinner head gasket with degreed in cams will work for what i am planning.

Also Be Safe out there and i bet you cant wait to get back to hang the parts you have been buying..
Just got in from turkey after a year and i started modding again today..Hell yeah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.