Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i need some advice in a hurry. i have a pc3 with a full system running a standard map. .. on wenesday my cams , head gasket, and velocity stacks arrive :) now i need to know is once i installed them can i use the bike till i can get it customed mapped or will it damage it.
you see i live in south africa and the nearest tune centre is 400 miles away and can only get there at the end of the month.

or does anyone have a map i could use in the meantime with the same sort of mods on there bike. any help or advice would be most appreciated

Clinton

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think with changing the cams and the gasket (i'm assuming thinner)... plus the stacks helping out the air flow... that you're going to see a relatively significant change. So personally i would not ride the bike too much, i suppose it would be possible to hurt the valves or something, especially if you started to bring the rpm's up.

Not an expert, just what i would do with my bike in that situation (aside from posting the same question :p )

Hopefully somebody will have a decent map for you and you wont have to wait to make that trip. Might be worth it though, you'd really appreciate having the bike finely tuned to your specifications.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I think with changing the cams and the gasket (i'm assuming thinner)... plus the stacks helping out the air flow... that you're going to see a relatively significant change. So personally i would not ride the bike too much, i suppose it would be possible to hurt the valves or something, especially if you started to bring the rpm's up.

Not an expert, just what i would do with my bike in that situation (aside from posting the same question :p )

Hopefully somebody will have a decent map for you and you wont have to wait to make that trip. Might be worth it though, you'd really appreciate having the bike finely tuned to your specifications.
:plusone: The cam is gonna need some serious tunning and I hope you have a guy out there that knows what he is doing to really get it dialed in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey i know im not helping you at all but where did you get the cams velocity stack and gasket? Im planning on doing the same thing but cant find any place that sells that stuff.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
hey i know im not helping you at all but where did you get the cams velocity stack and gasket? Im planning on doing the same thing but cant find any place that sells that stuff.
Any Kawi dealer can get them for you. I would suggest the you go though the forum owners advanced kawasaki. Also if you doing cams, gasket, and velocity stacks invest in the kit ecu, harness and the programing harness. Instead of getting the pc3. ignition module, having to sign a waiver and ship your ignition module in to have the rev limiter lock removed, and a servo elminator. So instead of adding 2 boxes you can run the kit ecu which does all the same as the 2 plus more such as allowing you to remove the servo motor and shave off even more weight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts