Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
There were problems with first gen Er6/f bikes but minimal damage and only on one side. The problem was addressed by kawasaki the next year. All frames can crack after abuse or when there is a factory defect like in Suzuki's case. Definitely not normal though!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
My Z900 frame cracked from boy sides and that too very strangely. Thanks to the thorough check at service station I got to know about it.
Holy shit :oops:

How did that happen?!

Do you wheelie a lot? Did you hit a bump or pothole too hard?

I am not saying that this is your fault but if the frame cracked without any kind of abuse it should be a one in a thousand kind of defect as there are no similar damage reports as far as I know...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No wheelies and never even have abused my bike. I get it checked at kawa workshop in every 500 kms. Thats why it came to me as a surprise. And secondly its on both sides.
I can't even imagine what could have happened.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
No wheelies and never even have abused my bike. I get it checked at kawa workshop in every 500 kms. Thats why it came to me as a surprise. And secondly its on both sides.
I can't even imagine what could have happened.
You should go to an official Kawasaki dealership, provide them with photos and ask them to contact the factory on your behalf in order to get a replacement frame for your bike. This is your only solution for safe riding, needless to say that you shouldn't ride your bike in such condition.

If they refuse or say that nothing can be done contact Kawasaki directly, send them the photos and ask for a replacement frame free of charge. If they don't respond too or respond negatively tell them that you will go public about the problem.

I still believe that you got a "lemon", it is just a matter of bad luck and I hope that the company will support you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts