Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a ZX-6 due to insurance and a great cost but I've always loved the look of a solo seat and a seperate rear seat. I'd like to swap the "step up" style seat on my 94 ZX-6 for a solo style. I haven't been able to find a solo seat cowl for my bike (i'm not surprised) so I'm going the swap and modify route. Just wondering what rear ends would fit w/ the least hassle (maybe a 94 ZX750 or something of the sort). The closer the fit the better since I don't want my girl flying off the back w/ the seat. What years/models does my frame size include aside from the obvious 94 ZX-6?
Thanks for the help everyone
Goose

New to the scene

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
dude, you're looking at alot of work....

has any year of the zx6 been a solo seat? or are the one peice design?

maybe go on a few of the bigger boards and post this question, good luck...it might come down to you actually looking at different bikes and trying to find something that looks close to what you want....

either weay it will be a big task, but post back here if you ever get it done, I'm sure we all can learn something from it.

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Maybe you should just try and find a seat color that will match the back of the bike. Someone was selling that on ebay but it didn't cover the whole back seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a accesories company here in the UK called DEMON TWEEKS, the sell solo seat conversions for the 98 zx6r and newer, I don't know how close a fit it will be but it may be worth getting in touch with them, the guys on the phone seem to know what they are talking about. The will deliver worldwide.

call them on 0044 01978 664474

e-mail them [email protected]

cheers

Boab

The true riding method is printed on the uk paper driving licence - tear along the dotted
line

·
Registered
9 Posts
After more investingation, demon tweeks also sell seat cowls for 95-97 zx6rs these may be a closer fit.

cheers

Boab

The true riding method is printed on the uk paper driving licence - tear along the dotted
line

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.