Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on tracking on aug 12 at cali speedway for my first trackday. Can I use these boots?
I have no experience with track pants, I were a 34 waist and 30inseam for normal pants. What is this for astar track pants leathers? I am going to zip it up to my astar jacket.

·
Registered
995 Posts
as long as they cover your ankles your good to go. as far as the jacket i believe most track day organizers require two-pieces to have a full circumference waist zipper. if your jacker only has provisions for a rear zipper check with the organizer.

·
Registered
474 Posts
some pants and jackets attach with only an 8" rear zipper and is not allowed by many track day organizations. most other pants and jackets use a full circumference zipper and are what the remaining track day organizations require. Vanson is the only company that I know that does something different, and they use three zippers, one in the back and one on each side, and most organizations seem to be ok with this, probably because vanson is quality stuff..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh really, Im going to be riding level 1 on the 13th. Thanks a lot for the offer but im thinking of getting some setup boots they are cheap and comfy. They are made my sidi so i know they are nice boots. Im am a 42, should i go all out and buy astar gp pro gloves or get gp plus? they are only 40 bucks difference and you get a much more better glove with the gp pro.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Those setup boots are not made by Sidi. They just use the same plant.

I have the 2005 GP Pro gloves size small and I don't like them. I am putting them up for sale for $80 soon. I can bring them at Cali Speedway on the 13th if you like, you can check them out. The 2006 GP Pros feel a lot better. You can't go wrong with either the gp pro or gp plus. They both have kangaroo palms which is great. Get what's comfortable for you. I feel comfortable in the GP tech, and GP plus, but not the GP pro (2005).

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the 2006 pros. I might just use my Astar Effex Gore-Tex Boots for my first trackday. If I need better ones then ill upgrade later. What part of Pasadena do you live in? I go to PCC but I live in Arcadia.

·
Registered
995 Posts
street & comp has a sale on Astars right now, they have some real good deals:)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought a pair of Astar SMX-3's I always wanted a pair of these boots but they stop making them. I found a site that carried my size and pulled the trigger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.