Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 Ninja EX250 came with a 7lb battery, but I can't seem to find a 7lb battery anywhere and the dealer wants to charge me $100 for one. Can I just use a 10lb battery in my ninja?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt even know weight had anything to do with a battery lol but then again i usually just go to walmart say what i drive and they hand me the battery i need
That's what I thought too, but I don't know if a more powerful battery would overload the system on the ninja or anything. I also did check walmart and the people there said that they've been out of 7lb batteries for quite some time and haven't seem them around lately. I'm not sure, but I think the weight of the battery specifies type or power? dunno, but that's how all the power sport batteries are labeled.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
you might have a problem with too much weight over the rear wheel, making the front come up under power.. so be careful..

j/k
as long as the numbers of the power (amps, etc) match up (which they most likely will), and it fits in the hole (the big decider), then it'll be fine. Weight has nothing to do with specs of a battery, it's probably just been made with different materials etc

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, thanks for the info, the battery fits no problem, I was just worried that it may overload the system and cause electrical damage or something. The current 7lb battery I have in my ninja doesn't have any specs on it, does anyone know the standard power output information for it? Also, there shouldn't be a weight issue, on my 03 ninja the battery is pretty much in the dead middle of the bike under the seat, right behind the gas tank.

·
Registered
586 Posts
be smart, just drain out the extra 3 pounds lol. if anything the weight would relate to the life span not the power, if its a 12 volt than its a 12 volt, ur running dc not ac power, so less varibles, just like most car ones just have to do with were the jacks are on it, u should be fine if it fits, worse case is some fuses might blow but i highly doubt it. but usually wieght is how much water is in it and should matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.