Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
um yeah, but the 208's wont last as long, they offer much better grip too....

you can technically use any tire you want on your bike as long as it's the proper size 120/65/17 (front) and 180/55/17 (rear)

heck I put a Bridstone BT010 on the front and a Bridgestone BT020 on the rear and love it...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
they are alittle softer tire AFAIR, so they stick better but wont last quit as long as the stock 207's...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
my 208 is still good. it will wear out if you ride straight lines;)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I know my stock 207's squared off way to much for my tastes...I'm going to see if the bridgestones work any better...

i also heard the 208's are leaps and bounds better than the 207's. I would say there is almost no reason to get the 207's over the 208 unless you get the 207's for alot cheaper...

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Damn man, I got 8500 out of my first set of 207's. But I let those wear down pretty far. I probabaly should have replaced them around the 6K, but I let it go cause I didn't have the money. The cords weren't showing or anything, but it was pretty worn.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What type of riding were you doing ninjarider? You must've been coasting or somethin, just messin with ya..

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i got around 6000 miles out of my d207ZR's and I was down past the wear bar on the rear....the front had alittle more tread left though though....the big problem I had with them is that they squared off badly at 3000 or so miles....I tried fixing it by powersliding out of turns but it didnt help much ;)

once they squared off they wanted to "Stand up" in the turns which made me work harder in the turns...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Ha i got 3500 out of my stock bridgestone on my 636 and about 5000 out of the front. And no I don't burn the rear just ride HARD! :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The 208 by all accounts is an improved tire. The reports and tests I've read on them keep talking about despite much better grip, the tire actually is actually surprisingly long-wearing...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.