Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, can it be done?
I want to know if its possible, if the frame can handle the power of the motor, if the bike will accept the motor?

or is it just plain not worth it?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Back in the day some guys put together 7/11s which were 1100 suzuki motors in the 750 chassis. They did not always work out.

The chassis is stiff enough for 100-120 hp, as is the swingarm. The swingarm would flex like a bastard with 155 hp, and the chassis will not put the power to ground that well. Nor is it designed for it. I don't know if there is room, but I do know there is not structual rigidity.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It's called buy a ZX-10R or a ZX-6R...pick one...

With the importance (your life) of not screwing up putting things together on a bike, I would say no.

They are not the same part number and not designed to work together.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yeah, I've seen the GSXR 600 with a 1000 engine in it. I think I read the article in Sport Rider (??) a while back. But of course the guy did spend some serious $, time, and hard core surgery on the bike to make it work. Dude, just sell the bike and buy a 10R if you must have a 1000cc engine.

·
Registered
443 Posts
i like the idea of stuffing a huge motor into a small(er) frame for 2 reasons.

1. sleeper status.
2. claiming 599cc's for insurance.

buuuuut. its probably a lot safer just to go with what was manufactured.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yep much safer to just buy a zx10R, i can see where he is coming from though, he prob wnat's some thing unique...... BUT at the expense of your life (extreme scenario)i don't think it's worth it.
as for the swingarm flexing with 150bhp+, i thought that the 2005+ bikes had the exact same swing arm as the zx10R's???

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Originally posted by reintr0ducing
i like the idea of stuffing a huge motor into a small(er) frame for 2 reasons.

1. sleeper status.
2. claiming 599cc's for insurance.

buuuuut. its probably a lot safer just to go with what was manufactured.
I can understand insurance reasons, though when you crash and its totalled, is insurance going to cover it?

As for sleeper status....buy a 10r and put 636 and 6r stickers all over it. Then tell people you put a custom exhaust on it off a 10R thats why it so closely resembles a 10r. Seems easier and cheaper lol.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
if u want to try go ahead but i did that with a car and that shit wasnt never reliable for shit it would always break like once i week i promise[V]

·
Powerhungry
37,958 Posts
thatd be sweet
ive actually questioned the same thing.
the torque of the 10, the handling of the 6. that would be a sweet bike.
im sure squirrely as all hell too.
i mean theres gotta be a reason they make the frame/suspension geometry, on the 10 the way they do.
but i still say it be sweet.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You don't get the handling of a 600 with a 1000 motor. Ever. The rotation of the crankshaft alone makes it harder to turn in.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'd at least measure the 10R engine to see if it would fit. Ignore the doom-mongers, they don't have the imagination to see beyond factory goods. Kawasaki don't make one because it would take sales from the 10R, simple as that. The 10R uses a lot of the 636 running gear from what I've seen, and you could probably get the crank lightened a bit for use in a smaller chassis to minimise the effect on turn-in. It would look a lot better than this years 10R as well.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yep deffo look 500 times better than this years zx10r, but i still say it's a lot of effort for some thing that will perform just as well if not worse that the real thing.
sure you can do it, sure it will work, sure you'll have some thing different but buying the zx10r will be the best option and i'm a guy who is very familiar with engine swaps and mechanics in general ;)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Originally posted by alor14582
if u want to try go ahead but i did that with a car and that shit wasnt never reliable for shit it would always break like once i week i promise[V]

How quick was the car w/ the 10r motor in it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Originally posted by slam150
well, can it be done?
I want to know if its possible, if the frame can handle the power of the motor, if the bike will accept the motor?

or is it just plain not worth it?
Any thing can be done as long as you have time and $$$, the latter being the more important of the 2.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i'm doing an engine swap, i'm swapping out a rotax 2 stroke engine for a 750 nija lump in my old kart, lots of work but she's gonna be lots of fun [8D]
even though i am oing this i still say the best option is just to buy a dam zx10r

·
Registered
442 Posts
if you have the $ and are bored out of your mind then yea do it, but if you dont the it could have you losing a lot of time, effort, and $

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.