Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im considering spraying my bike, with a 20-40 shot of nitrous. I plan on running a small bottle that can be easily tucked, such as the sneeky pete or a 2.5oz bottle. My engine is running strong as ever but has 45k miles and the motor is untampered with interally (its a 95 zx6r). So here comes the question, will my motor hold up to a few runs on the track on the bottle? Or will a rod more than likly become a fixed flange on my leg? If we think it can handle it, should i go with a wet or dry kit?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I don't know how well it will stand up to nitrous, but the '95-'97 ZX-6R engines are tough, and will take a lot of abuse.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of figured that asking if an engine can stand up is like asking which horse to bet on at the races...its a gamble. Any recommendations on wet/dry and which shot to use?

·
Registered
29 Posts
if your going to use nos you will need to run wet system,or you will all ways have to run your bike extra rich,see you dont have a computer to replace with a power comandor.i you need to buy a nos kit email me ill get you one at a good price...tim....
[email protected]

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-Tim YGM

-Crazytexan, i would like to make power out of what i already have. Im in college and cant really afford to go out and buy another bike.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i think you answered your own question...."im in college and cant really afford to go out and buy another bike" well what is going to happen if you burn a piston? your a broke college kid with a broke bike. i think you should just enjoy your bike for what it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.