Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha all,

I've been doing some carb cleaning work today and replaced the float valve seat in one of my carbs. Upon putting everything back together, I encountered a problem. My throttle cables are messed up and out of whack.

My zx10 has two throttle cables, an accelerator cable and a deceleraor cable. I'm pretty sure I hooked them ack on in the exact tensions as when they came off, because the lock nuts for each cable have left a clear marker of their position, which has not changed until now.

I can never fully get them adjusted right. My haynes lacks much help. The problem is this: The throttle cables arent snapping back fully. It's enough a PITA to get the throttle to snap back halfway decent, but even then it's no good. At the rest stop for throttle, the revs don't drop as they should. In fact, when it snaps back, if I roll the throttle half a millimeter forward that drops the revs dramatically and fully.

The problem is the decellerator I think. I've adjusted it for a long time with no success. I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I'd like to take both cables off and properly adjust them. I don't feel comfortable riding the bike right now with such a crappy throttle that holds high revs like it is.

Any advice? mahalo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.