Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to do the caliper swap to some Nissin's but I'm not a big fan of buying used or rebuilt items of this importance from folks on Ebay. I can find new ones off a 2013 636 though. Only difference I see is that they went from a 300mm to a 310mm but they are both 12in.

I Googled but got nothing so I was hoping someone might know if its a direct swap or would I need spacers. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
If you keep the same sized rotors you don't need spacers, if you go to the bigger rotors you would.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
What is this place?
18,517 Posts
You are asking if you can use 2013 calipers... But are not telling a us what you want to use them on. What kind of answer do you expect?

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
As far as spacers go you won't know until you get the calipers and try to mount them. Some calipers are constructed differently and don't mount up exactly (like the CBR calipers on my fighter for example, which need spacers). I haven't looked at the 2013 calipers. Are they the same Nissins like what came on the 2007-2012? If so then you don't need anything extra.

I grabbed the entire CBR front braking system off of ebay for $140 shipped with supoosedly less than 200 miles on it all. Don't immediately knock ebay on used parts. Do your homework and buy from a highly rated person and you'll get some killer deals.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I don't remember if I got my CBR calipers off ebay or customfighters... lol, but they're nice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The 2013 calipers are taller than standard tokicos... The 2013 calipers fit straight on with the 310mm discs... but the pad doesn't have the full foot print of the pad onto the disc, this makes me believe that the 2013 caliper mounts on the forks are shorter than the 06 636..so you either get 315mm discs or grind or machine down the mounts on the calipers themselves so's to get the full pad to disc contact..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Or its just the calipers mounts themselves that are bigger than the standard tokicos...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts