Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that it is almost October?! Talk about depressing. It has been cold a rainy for the past couple of days here in Northwestern Pennsylvania. When I look outside, all I can think of is how this weather will be good compared to the weather we will be having a month from now. Now, granted that we will have a nice day here and there, but for the most part, our nice weather is over for yet another season. Pretty soon we will be winterizing our bikes and putting them away for the winter ahead. Doesn't it seem like we just got them out? Wow... looking back on last winter and how long it was, I am certainly not looking forward to this. They are calling for a very bad winter this year as well (not that they ever call it right in the first place... Heck, last winter was supposed to be mild!). So, lets see... Starting in 2002, we had a lousy fall, a lousy winter, a lousy spring, a lousy summer, what’s shaping up to be another lousy fall... and now they are calling for yet another lousy winter. I'm not liking this trend.

I think it is time to expedite my move to North Carolina.[8D]
Heck with waiting 3-5 years!:D lol

·
Registered
363 Posts
What are you talking about? It is always summer in SoCal I think I will go ride Mt. Palomar today!
Sorry, but I love it here.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Haha, well enjoy while it you can because you've got it good...as a student my riding season is only from mid-may to late August. And what's worse is Massachusetts had rain roughly 5/7 days of the week and my riding was quite sporadic, once or twice a week.

My bike is already winterized and I miss it like madness. Especially when I see other people still out on their bikes while I'm fatigued, pedaling, to get my 8-year-old, huffy mountain bike across campus.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hawaii is awsome this time of year. well...it's pretty awsome all year round..sorry, just bragging [:M98]

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
It must be tough to live in an area were the weather differs so greatly from season to season. Though I've never had a "white christmas" so temperate weather has it's drawbacks.

Was 87º here yesterday. 86º projected for today.

It snowed here once about 4 years ago. For like 7 seconds.

So ride when ya can, while ya can.

-Flash

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
all i want to add is this summer sucked ass for riding in PA...way too much rain.....

i need to get some warmer gloves so I can ride through october and into November...

after it starts getting 40 degrees or colder riding the bike just plain hurts ;)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Glad we have riding year round (well, almost) here in Texas!!!:D

I guess it's a trade off between riding conditions and roads. We may have a longer riding season, but the roads are flat as hell and if you find any twisties, it would be like hitting the lottery!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
If it's not snowing, I'm riding.
Question: Does it effect the bike, riding under those extreme conditions? I've ridden in 30 degree weather but when you have a leather jacket and layers, i'ts not so bad. I agree with Andy, gloves are very important. No matter what kinda gloves I put on it still freezes my fingers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've resorted to heated grips. They really made a difference last winter (I rode up-until the second week of December when the snow came in TO.) I installed them this weekend off of my old bike and just cried cause summer is over. I need to invest in a heated vest or something. Hmmm...or move to Australia! [:M117]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah I'n NYC, this year has sucked bad.....
And this winter is supposed to be real bad :( I hate the cold.....

Falsh:
"white christmas" aren't all that, sure it looks good for about 15 minutes, then it all turns to brown or yellow snow here in the city. Gray black slush everyway. YUCK!
Not to mention I have to shovel, argh......

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
to be honest, i dont mind a couple months off from riding, it gives me time to do all the work and maintenence that needs done on my bike since I kinda abuse it during the riding season....

usually check valves, tires etc over the winter....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.