Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On your ZX-6R? You know the one from the MSF class? I've been riding for 2 years and can't even get close to doing it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Dude, if you want to get your bike license in Massachusetts and many other states you have to do the figure 8. No matter what you're riding. :wtf:

·
Powerhungry
38,395 Posts
Dude, if you want to get your bike license in Massachusetts and many other states you have to do the figure 8. No matter what you're riding. :wtf:
no figure 8 here. :dunno:

ive heard of this MANY times...but never seen it.

anyone wanna link up a vid, or even a diagram of it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to do it in Maryland too. I didn't have any problem with it on the honda rebel in the MSF class but still can't do it on my ninja. That's why I tell folks they better take the class!

·
Powerhungry
38,395 Posts
heres your diagram... and yes, in this instance, size does matter...
hm..yeh, thats def not required here. maybe the msf does, but the dmv doesnt.

hell, everything id heard...i figured the box would be MUCH smaller. :dunno:
that shouldnt be too difficult.

·
Powerhungry
38,395 Posts
I don't think the zx6r could do it, the tire just wouldn't turn far enough to do it at low speed
I could do it on my 636...im certain.

the bike will turn sharper than the BARS will turn.
uve gotta counter lean.;)

ppl (myself included, at the time) said that a SS bike couldnt pass the DMV course. but, it wasnt really THAT hard.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I could do it on my 636...im certain.

the bike will turn sharper than the BARS will turn.
uve gotta counter lean.;)

ppl (myself included, at the time) said that a SS bike couldnt pass the DMV course. but, it wasnt really THAT hard.
yes this is true... I have actually seen a police training video where they do the figure 8 on touring bikes... >90% of people wouldn't be able to do it though :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
I bombed that U-turn box in the MSF course. Pretty much every time I tried it, bombed it. And during the exam, I majorly bombed it. But only enough to get -8 points. Still... bombed it. It's something I'll be practicing in parking lots when I get my bike ... if I get my bike.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think the U turn with a smaller bike is all a mind game. Most people are scared they will fall and do not lean/countersteer the bike enough. I had a hard time, but I popped off the bike and leaned the bike way over. It is a lot easier on the smaller bikes than a supersport. At least for me.

·
Powerhungry
38,395 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lucky for me West Virginia doesn't have a figure 8. I had to do the cones and the U-turn though. I took the test on my friends 650 instead of the zx6r.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts