Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the 03 blue one on here where he cromed everything. Personally i think his bike is the tightest ive seen so far. However he cromed them i just polished the outer rims on my 03 red and it looks good. i was wondering can you remove the gold with paint stripper like I did the wheels? or would it ruin the forks. has anyone done it them selves??

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I don't think so. The gold is some kind of titanium electoplating. Wait a while and it will wear off like it did on the GSXR1000.

·
Registered
64 Posts
you can get the gold off but it is a pain my buddy polishes for a living and he said it can be done but it takes alot of sanding he said to start at 120 grit and step your way to 2500 grit then polish them out and they will gleam if anyone is near or in illinois let me know this guy is awesome put his polish next to chrome and you cant tell but i guess thats what 11 yrs experience does for you if its aluminum he can polish it they same magnesium side cases cant be polished he proved them wrong just like stevep did with the chrome hes very reasonable actually alot cheaper than anywhere and stands behind his work strongly give him a call Sure Shine (jason) 217-425-6213

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
did my rotors on my old 01 it was a pain. I will send new 636 to be chromed over the winter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.