Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting this so you guys can see the orange color we get here in Canada, instead of the all black you guys get in the US...

Me and 2 of my freinds all bought 09's, My mosnter ed, a blue one, and this orange...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's money, just hate the exhaust.
Thats not a problem, here in Canada there is a promo for 09's where you have your choice of 1 of 4 performance part options for free...The first option being a $1800 full Akro EVO exhaust system...We all chose the exhaust...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Man, I need to move to Canada. I live pretty close to Toronto as it is. Only about an Hour and a half or so.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i like the color.

still think the bike itself is fugly

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Thats not a problem, here in Canada there is a promo for 09's where you have your choice of 1 of 4 performance part options for free...The first option being a $1800 full Akro EVO exhaust system...We all chose the exhaust...
if you think your getting something for free your sadly mistaken!!! do the math your self from US to canadian but ares will run you about $8400, doc fee $125, tax 6.5% ohio medina county tag $25 = $9104. Since i work at a dealership Kawi gives 5% back on MSRP so im looking at $8614 out the door. something tells me what you paid in canadian converted to US is WAY more then $8614 to get something free!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
The 10R comes in that color too in certain places... not in the US tho since Americans aren't willing to step out of their comfort zone enough to buy a nice colored bike. So in the end, I drool and get left with plain green, blue, red, and black. woot.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The 10R comes in that color too in certain places... not in the US tho since Americans aren't willing to step out of their comfort zone enough to buy a nice colored bike. So in the end, I drool and get left with plain green, blue, red, and black. woot.
I was just at the dealer last week here in pa and they have an 09 10r in that color orange.....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you think your getting something for free your sadly mistaken!!! do the math your self from US to canadian but ares will run you about $8400, doc fee $125, tax 6.5% ohio medina county tag $25 = $9104. Since i work at a dealership Kawi gives 5% back on MSRP so im looking at $8614 out the door. something tells me what you paid in canadian converted to US is WAY more then $8614 to get something free!
$8614 = $10.675 Canadain dollars + 13% for Canadian tax = $12,0000+ OTD. So yes the bike is cheaper in the US...I payed $13,000 OTD for my moster, so getting a free Akro that would cost me $2500, Im still getting something free as there is still a $1500 difference...

I dont have time to drive to the US to save $1000 on a new bike, and I was planning on buying the Akro either way so its better this way no matter how you look at it...I could have gotten it much chepaer if I was willing to wait, but I ordered my bike early and already picked it up Dec 18th 08....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just at the dealer last week here in pa and they have an 09 10r in that color orange.....
So the 10R will be available in that color in the US? I know we get the 10R in that color aswell, but as far as I know the ZX6R is only comming to Canada in that color....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
$8614 = $10.675 Canadain dollars + 13% for Canadian tax = $12,0000+ OTD. So yes the bike is cheaper in the US...I payed $13,000 OTD for my moster, so getting a free Akro that would cost me $2500, Im still getting something free as there is still a $1500 difference...

I dont have time to drive to the US to save $1000 on a new bike, and I was planning on buying the Akro either way so its better this way no matter how you look at it...I could have gotten it much chepaer if I was willing to wait, but I ordered my bike early and already picked it up Dec 18th 08....
your math is alittle off i think, if you paid 13k Canadian thats about 10.3k US (depending on the day), so u could have saved $1200. an akro exhaust online retail will be around that price or alittle higher. Point im trying to make is u paid retail for the bike and did get the exhaust for free, so nothings free, u paid retail.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
your math is alittle off i think, if you paid 13k Canadian thats about 10.3k US (depending on the day), so u could have saved $1200. an akro exhaust online retail will be around that price or alittle higher. Point im trying to make is u paid retail for the bike and did get the exhaust for free, so nothings free, u paid retail.
My math is not wrong, I did the dollar conversion with yesterdays rate...And I would get even less as I would need to buy US dollars and the conversion rate is worse when your buying money from the bank not selling..Also keep in mind it is not free, for me to travel to the US to pick up a bike..And there is also more cost involved when importing that bike to Canada, and another problem is most Canadian dealers will not honor warrenty on bikes bought in the US....So if there were any problems I would have to travel back to the US for warrenty issues...

And I did not pay retail! Because Retail on my bike here in Canada is $12,599 + 13% tax which would total...$14236,80....So I got exaclty $1236.80 off retail, no freight or PDI charges either....

Also you are not going to find that Akro system for $1200, not now anyways! Myabe half way through the season, but you cant even find one in stock for full price right now, never mind a cheap one...Just look at Hardracing.com's post....They are sold out of them already, and list them for $1850 I think it is....That would cost me $2500 Canadian by the time I get it in my hands here in Canada...I know because Ive bought them from them before, and thats what it cost for an 04/05 system...

And either way the pipe did not make me buy this bike, I actually found out I get it free after I ordered the bike and put a deposit down...So it was nice to find out I get a free pipe....I was buying that bike and that exhaust either way, so finding out after the purchase that I get one only means one thing to me "Thats $2500 I was planning on spending, that I dont have to anymore"....IMO that = FREE...

Ive done all the math, and for me its better to buy the bike here and Canada over importing one from the US....You can make whatever deal you can for the bike (get it cheaper then me) and still get that promo....The other brands were offering nothing, and Honda will not budge from full MSRP...So its the best promo being offered by anyone right now...

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
The 10r comes in that color too. It wasn't really orange though. Mix of a red, yellow and gold IMO. Had a real nice pearl look to it. It's a great color, but I think I would get bored of it after awhile and want to paint it.

Also yes, the 6r and 10r are really ugly bikes, not comfy and just not that interesting anymore...hondas cbr1000rr though...that's an awesome bike!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
You wouldn't save any money driving to the US to get the bike, if anything you'd spend more. Duty tax is expensive and insurances companies will charge you more to insure an non-Canadian bought vehicle. Not too mention your warranty is void when you bring it across the border. Trying to get the warranty valid will be annoying...so you're better off just getting it in Canada.

BTW the 6r is 10,999 here so it would be 12,000.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You wouldn't save any money driving to the US to get the bike, if anything you'd spend more. Duty tax is expensive and insurances companies will charge you more to insure an non-Canadian bought vehicle. Not too mention your warranty is void when you bring it across the border. Trying to get the warranty valid will be annoying...so you're better off just getting it in Canada.

BTW the 6r is 10,999 here so it would be 12,000.
You would save money but for some people it's not worth it because of the time factor. I went down and got my 636 (2005, used of course) and I paid $5500USD by the time it was back and on the road the total came to just under $6000, the extra $500 was CDN funds lol but if I was to get that bike over here when I went down and got mine I would have been looking at $8500 +tax because thats what they were going for. The taxes at the border were just the normal sales taxes here in Ontario + a like $100 fee or something (dont remember exactly everything) as for insurance they don't care if it's an import or not at least here in Ontario.

Yo JP is this one as far along as yours is on the build?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts