Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who in here will be participating. I currently am looking into registering for this. It should be real fun, and some serious riding will occured as I am told. So far it will be held next year on late May, it should run for 7 days.

I have a buddy who told me that they have them out in europe he was going to be in it but got called up to go to Iraq.

One

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Where's the information at?? Website??

--David

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad for not posting the website. Thanks MRWGLO92!
Man I already got two of my buds interested....so lets see. Even if you don't participate it would be cool to met up at some of the check points.

Camanche

·
Registered
204 Posts
Im from nj but if everthing goes smooth I will definetly do that. And the fee is up there but you also get alot for what you pay. That would definetly be experiance of a lifetime and if you get like 2 riding buddies it will be a blast. And they say that they have choosen best routes with best scenaries & twisties. Start saving up. [8D]

·
Registered
622 Posts
it starts in los angeles CA & ends in Las Vegas NV with 2500 miles in between. (if i read that right) i am sooooooooooooooo in. now it's time to gather up the crew;)

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Maybe in like five years when I have enough money I'll sign up :D

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
holy shit why does it have to be the week after my spring break and start in LA. I've always wanted to do a connonball run since i was a little kid. If it was a week earlier and started in new york or something i would be all over that. I'd take out extra student loans to pay for it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj
Sounds like a lot of fun, but damn it's expensive! It's like 2/3 of a price of my bike! Geez....
how much is it?

if its anything like the Gumball Rally it probly IS worth it, crazy azz partying for a whole week!

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by climb21cj

how much is it?

if its anything like the Gumball Rally it probly IS worth it, crazy azz partying for a whole week!
#3,750 per bike if you catch the early reservation, $3,950 per bike after. That includes food and lodging, but not gas. Figure another $250 in gas for the 2,500 mile run, and I'm sure drinks, party favors, etc. aren't covered, and it's all first class VIP shit...so figure at least $500/night just for the parties, and a shit load of money for the 48-hour finale party in Las Vegas after the run. Most of the people that do Cannonball runs (bike or car) are filthy rich enthusiasts. Cannonball car runs see an insane percentage of exotic over-$200k cars...it's crazy.

·
Registered
399 Posts
deee zaammm 3,950 dollaz its like goin to cancun when i was in high school and i didnt go to that shit either. maybe next time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well actually it's not the same as the car run. i know some of those beasts are worth more than my home. LOl But i will save my beans. No as for partying i figure i will not be doing to much drinking during the run, but will get trashed in vegas.....

Camanche

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by Camanche
Well actually it's not the same as the car run. i know some of those beasts are worth more than my home. LOl But i will save my beans. No as for partying i figure i will not be doing to much drinking during the run, but will get trashed in vegas.....

Camanche
Eh, same general premise as the car run, just about 1% of the money invested. heheh...I saw a video on the net a few years back of a guy in a Ferrari F40 with a camera mount fabricated into his roll cage (yeah...roll cage...) aimed at the speedo as he did over 220mph on an interstate somewhere during a Cannonball run.

Which reminds me, somewhat off topic...there was a drug running operation going between Miami and I think Sarasota or somewhere just south of there...they had a fleet of black Lamborghini Murcielago's that were modified for even higher performance, and that were completely blacked out and equipped with IR night vision on some rediculous HUD setup, and they'd actually load up these Lambo's and drive like 240 all the way at 2am across the 'Alligator Alley' stretch of I75 that cuts across the state. Heard about it on the news when the FBI set up some crazy task force to stop them complete with exotic cars and military jets, or something. Fucking nuts...it's even more out there than some of the Miami Vice-type movie plots.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I love watching the cannonball DVDs, can't wait for this DVD to release in a couple years [:p]

If any of you havent ever seen them, they can be downloaded from many P2P programs and I think they're on Google Video as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.