1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
That might not be too bad if you have the space. Make sure its anchored firmly to the ground. You don't want the wind catching it and blowing over...taking your bike over with it.

On another note thats not totally unrelated...I was thinking of renting a storage unit...we have all these indoor/outdoor storage unit places around...and storing my bike in there when I'm not out riding. I also have to store some other stuff in there, but I should have room for the bike. Has anyone ever done anything like that? The small spaces cost like $50/month or something like that...

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Check out Harbor Freight. They have lots of those in different sizes and materials.

·
Registered
142 Posts
These tents are bad news. No matter how well you secure them down, the wind will always win. For like $300.00 bucks you can build a shed(if your handy)
my .02

·
Registered
141 Posts
Someone posted awhile ago about a steel container that was made for bikes that rolled out on a ramp type thing so you could easily get your bike in/out of this.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Originally posted by bigw00dy
These tents are bad news. No matter how well you secure them down, the wind will always win. For like $300.00 bucks you can build a shed(if your handy)
my .02
[:Agree]

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The storage spaces you are talking about DO NOT allow anything that has flamable fluid in it. including a bike with gas in the tank. Besides, they tell you that you woun't fit into that $50 space and need to get the $110 or $150 space i think.

First the gas thing. How will you ride it in and out? will you walk away with the tank every time you park it?

It just sux like that. That shed thing will fly to another country. Get one of those wooden ones from Home Depot or the steel ones. They're a little more, but they wount fly anywhere.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You californians and your god damn wind. Try a foot of snow. How about that? What? You don't know what snow is. It is why we are cold right now, and you are laying on the beach with your half naked girlfriend saying, is it windy? I don't fucking know, I got too much sun in my eyes. :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
My buddy just bought a shed in a box from Costco. It's pretty heavy duty and has held up to decent winds so far. I think it was about $300. You can lock it and it comes with shelves. I think it was 6x8 so plenty of room. It took about 3 hours to assemble.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by bofa
My buddy just bought a shed in a box from Costco. It's pretty heavy duty and has held up to decent winds so far. I think it was about $300. You can lock it and it comes with shelves. I think it was 6x8 so plenty of room. It took about 3 hours to assemble.
I will have to look into that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.