Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im stuck between 2 different exhausts, the MGP growler or the HMF. both are slip ons as you know. i was wondering what you guys opinion is, im looking for something louder than the stock can that makes people go hey check out that bike but i dont want it to sound like complete crap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I heard growler was too loud, I went with the HMF

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the growler.. It's LOUD! Sometimes I feel bad for the little old ladies I'm passing.. I wanted it loud.. and I like how it sounds..just sometimes I think it's too loud.. but then again I haven't heard the HMF in person so I can't compare the 2.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got the DanMoto carbon Motogp slip on. It is loud as well, but I like it. Couldn't beat the 122 shipped to my door price either.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have the mgp growler, my dad tells me off for ragging my bike 1.5 miles away from my house, that tells you how loud it is

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
im stuck between 2 different exhausts, the MGP growler or the HMF. both are slip ons as you know. i was wondering what you guys opinion is, im looking for something louder than the stock can that makes people go hey check out that bike but i dont want it to sound like complete crap.
Just to clarify, louder exhaust isn't going to keep you safer on the street.

As for the 250, I'd stick with the stock can painted a flat black. I think 250's with aftermarket stuff sound like large mopeds. But we all like different stuff. Definitely go with the quietest aftermarket exhaust you can find. And this goes for any bike in my opinion because nobody likes to hear obnoxious cars/trucks/motorcycles pass by.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just to clarify, louder exhaust isn't going to keep you safer on the street.

As for the 250, I'd stick with the stock can painted a flat black. I think 250's with aftermarket stuff sound like large mopeds. But we all like different stuff. Definitely go with the quietest aftermarket exhaust you can find. And this goes for any bike in my opinion because nobody likes to hear obnoxious cars/trucks/motorcycles pass by.

this is all your opinion and i would strongly desagree withe you it does not sound like a moped what so ever

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
larry you done gone hurt the 250 riders egos. you owe them an apology! :D

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
I really have to agree with the loud exhaust thing. When I got my 250 the only full aftermarket exhaust was the Area P. It sounds sweet, but this is before they had the "quiet core". I literally won't run it at night or in the morning because it's just too loud.

You WILL hate yourself if you get a loud pipe. Maybe not at first, but eventually you'll dread it. That and cans certain cans like Yoshi's sound freaking awful. It's just loud obnoxious noise. There's a kid in town with one and it sounds like a lawnmower with a glass pack coming off of turn 4 at Daytona when he tries to leave the parking lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the DanMoto carbon Motogp slip on. It is loud as well, but I like it. Couldn't beat the 122 shipped to my door price either.
you should send me the link good sir

that sucks you cant find a exhaust, that must be tragic
dont have to be a dbag, if you dont have a thing to say on the topic thats valid stay the hell outta the thread

i also have one other option thats really cheap, my buddy has a older yoshi slip on can that i slid onto my bike to see if it sounded decent and it didnt sound bad, he said he wants 50 bucks for it? i think it might be from a quad or dirt bike but hey everything matched up to the bike perfet and sounded decent/ran decent so i really dont know what to do

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really have to agree with the loud exhaust thing. When I got my 250 the only full aftermarket exhaust was the Area P. It sounds sweet, but this is before they had the "quiet core". I literally won't run it at night or in the morning because it's just too loud.

You WILL hate yourself if you get a loud pipe. Maybe not at first, but eventually you'll dread it. That and cans certain cans like Yoshi's sound freaking awful. It's just loud obnoxious noise. There's a kid in town with one and it sounds like a lawnmower with a glass pack coming off of turn 4 at Daytona when he tries to leave the parking lot.

i know what sound your talking about with the yoshi, only certain cans from them sound like crap. the older ones sounded muchhhhhh better than the new ones

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
dont get loud pipe, i have a friend with the growler
it sounds nice and can turn heads, when you're just revving it
but once you get going and ride around, ppl will want to kick you in a facezor and break off the damn obnoxious pipe, at least thats how it was for me :D

i prefer quieter pipes, like the area P system
leo vince sounds and looks sexy

if i were you, i'd leave it stock
you'll hate yourself after all the glamour of "OH YEAH!! my shiz is loud as a muhfukkuh"
and you'll just get annoyed
and most likely damage your hearing

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have the growler and its insanely loud...sometimes i dont like it... but it keeps women on their cell phones from hitting you... who cares if you annoy ppl...when ur on a bike all bets are off... haters gonna hate... the weight savings over the stock system are insane

1 - 16 of 16 Posts