Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I CANT BRING IT UP IN SECOND I TRIED THE BOUNCE AND IT JUST GRABS THE ROAD AND HAULS ASS I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO CLUTCH IT UP I WANT TO LEARN THE BOUNCE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I WATCHED BREZZER'S VIDEO AND IT LOOKED SO COOL AND I TRIED IT HIS WAY BUT STILL NOTHING CAN ANYONE HELP.:( please replay

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by BIKERBOY636

I CANT BRING IT UP IN SECOND I TRIED THE BOUNCE AND IT JUST GRABS THE ROAD AND HAULS ASS I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO CLUTCH IT UP I WANT TO LEARN THE BOUNCE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I WATCHED BREZZER'S VIDEO AND IT LOOKED SO COOL AND I TRIED IT HIS WAY BUT STILL NOTHING CAN ANYONE HELP.:( please replay
Brezzer, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! He's going to be pissed about that one! As far as the wheelies go bikerboy636, why not get some video of you trying 2nd gear wheelies and posting it up so we can watch it. It would be easier to tell you what you're doing wrong that way.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
aaaarrrgghhhhh
God damn! It's Beezer people.
As your private message said...check the posts and I sent you exactly how I do'em.

I've said it over and over on the board. Look through the previous posts. Just practice my man, trust me! Practice the bounce, it's not the bike. It's rider (no offence). I couldn't do them in the beginning but then one magical day. I got the bounce set and boom been riding them from light to light and then on...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
do this

go 50mph roll throttle to 55-60mph while your rolling (not Wide open) the throttle bounce the pegs hard. When the bike is at the end of the bounce give it 3/4 throttle quickly timing is the biggest issue for 2nd gear. Just prac the motion a few times then go for it.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
also try a double bounce before u yack the throttle that helped me the most when i was learning.

·
Registered
211 Posts
hey beezer (ha, ha not breezer!!!) i have been practicing the bounce but haven't had any luck yet but i will get it i am sure but my question is, i am able to get it up in 2nd sitting down by clutching it but can i stand the same way and clutch it it or is that dangerous. don't laugh please but i wanted to check and see if it was safe first and if anyone else does them this way. ok by, got to go practice.....///////........

·
Registered
631 Posts
my fear is those "pot Metal" pegs braking as soon as i bounce on them.

that would blow.

·
Registered
551 Posts
BIKERBOY636,
I just joined this forum and I have only had my bike for 6 months. A buddy of mine has a 2003 R1, when I saw him do a stand I had to learn. The same thing in second bounce the front forks and bring it up. I went to a industrial park and did not leave untill I got it, IT CAN BE DONE!!! don't give up and be carefull.
Get to know your sweet spot which should be around 4-5000 rpm ( 30mph) start to warm up the front forks by bouncing them down. even if you bounce them 6 times just to get used to the motion and stand while you are doing it. And when you feel comfortable on the up motion stat to give it more and slowly keep pushing it more and more and you will feel the front start to come up. You'll get it... good luck:D

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Jayt0625
I've never clutched any of my wheelie's. As for standing up while clutching, I don't know. Never tried it like I said but I have seen people go from sit down wheelie's to standup wheelie's as they're riding on 1 wheel so maybe you can try that. I myself can go from a standup to a sit down and then to a standup :D

Daniel
Don't be scared, if it happen. It's Kawasaki's fault not yours. Right now I ride on one OEM peg and then on my left side I have an aftermark peg that I forcefully shoved in there. It's an aftermarket part for a gixxer, got it for free so I can't complain!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by vinnysilver

BIKERBOY636,
I just joined this forum and I have only had my bike for 6 months. A buddy of mine has a 2003 R1, when I saw him do a stand I had to learn. The same thing in second bounce the front forks and bring it up. I went to a industrial park and did not leave untill I got it, IT CAN BE DONE!!! don't give up and be carefull.
Get to know your sweet spot which should be around 4-5000 rpm ( 30mph) start to warm up the front forks by bouncing them down. even if you bounce them 6 times just to get used to the motion and stand while you are doing it. And when you feel comfortable on the up motion stat to give it more and slowly keep pushing it more and more and you will feel the front start to come up. You'll get it... good luck:D
so what your saying is to bounce it and when the shocks come back up give it gas i was giving it gas on the way down .is that what you are saying

·
Registered
551 Posts
yep, once i saw my friend do it I did some resaerch and basically what you are doing when you bounce is warming up the hydrolics in the front forks. so when you bounce down the forks lift up and the extra power from the throttle helps get the bike up. there is a great website called uponone.com check it out lots of cool vids + pics

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
jayte0625 u can clutch it standing it. my buddy on a 98zx6 does it all day long. He doesnt bounce it. Clutching has its advantages over bouncing because u cant do any other tricks really bouncing unless u combo it in the air. clutching leads to other tricks. So if your good with the clutch give it a go. i am a bouncer myself but i sometimes clutch it sitting then go to standing. just position your feet for stand up and clutch that baby up.

·
Registered
551 Posts
anyone got any tips on clutching, it looks like you have a lot more contol over your bike when you clutch plus the wheelies look like they last longer to

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
quick rev with quick pop of the clutch. it doesnt really matter clutch or bounce its all the same when it gets to the balance point.

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah i can get up 1st with just throttle but can not keep it up for long and when i try to throttle it in 2nd i just go really fast but no wheelie so i have been trying to clutch it in 2nd but i am only getting the front maybe a foot off of the ground. i think it might be me being a pussy and not giving it enough gas but i just learned how to clutch it on sunday and those were my best ones and now i cant do it.[xx(] maybe someone can help me out, i am going about 40-45 mph and then i gas it followed by the clutch and it comes up a little but nothing special. should i be going faster or slower? maybe i am just scared but it takes time as we all know. also when i clutch it do i give it more gas or just kepp it where it is and then throttle it a little to keep it at the BP? thnaks,.........

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.