Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me please, I am not able to edit any of my posts containing pictures.

I can edit all other posts but there is no edit button when it comes to posts with photos.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The problem persists, I can't edit posts with photos even through the app.

Does anyone else has the same problem with me?

·
Administrator
920 Posts
Hey GR rider,

I was checking the back end to see if there is a site wide time limit on editing posts (with images or no images) and it is set to 14400 minutes (or 10 days). If your posts (containing images) are beyond 10 days old, that is the reason you are not able to edit them.

By chance, are you attempting to edit your posts/images because of the photobucket issue or for another reason? Let us know and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Natalie

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey GR rider,

I was checking the back end to see if there is a site wide time limit on editing posts (with images or no images) and it is set to 14400 minutes (or 10 days). If your posts (containing images) are beyond 10 days old, that is the reason you are not able to edit them.

By chance, are you attempting to edit your posts/images because of the photobucket issue or for another reason? Let us know and we'll go from there.

Thanks,
Natalie
Yes Natalie, my non-editable posts are ten days+ old. Photobucket has indeed permanently stopped supporting third party image sharing and most of my photos posted here became unavailable.

I've already moved some photos to another image sharing site and managed to easily restore their appearance at another forum via pasting the new links through editing and I would like to do the same here if possible!

Thanks for the response :)

·
Administrator
920 Posts
We'll have to bring it to the mods to see would they be okay with allowing the edit feature to be extended. In the meantime if you like you can link us to the posts with the images and we can go in a change them for you.

Niall

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll have to bring it to the mods to see would they be okay with allowing the edit feature to be extended. In the meantime if you like you can link us to the posts with the images and we can go in a change them for you.

Niall

I would strongly recommend option no.1 because in most cases, eg the travel threads the photos must appear as a timeline along with relevant text.

If you like to give it a try, I can send you the new imgur links for the Italy - Switzerland trip thread in order of appearance to replace the old photobucket links. But if you get one wrong, the whole thread ends up inconsistent.

So I think it would be much faster and easier for the mods to give me a couple of days to settle this.

Thanks again for your time and interest :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Powerhungry
37,526 Posts

Niall
as one of the few remaining active mods on here, im going to go ahead and say that would be just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts