Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having a hell of a time finding a used frame for a 95-97 zx6r. i have every other part for the bike except the frame. would it be possible to make a chopper, not that i want to but id rather make something i can ride rather then selling away my parts or scrapping everything.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
what exactly was wrong with your old frame? do you still have it? if its not totally FUBAR you could send it away for repairs/straightening. i would advise against making a chopper, but thats just me.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Yeah you could make a chopper out of it. That's pretty much what the original choppers were - custom frames with CB750/900 (or whatever) engines in them.

A chopper with an engine which revs to 14,000 would be different though. :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
There was a picture in Road Racer X (I think) a few months ago of a bike built by one of the Team Yosh mechanics. It was a chopper style bike with a GSXR 1000 motor. It was still being built, but I thought it looked bad ass.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by warbuk
go-cart. they are fun with a bike motor.
DING DING DING!

...or even a golf cart. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
a proper chopper means looks and art spelled money. and work. so if you want a rider you want to build a street fighter or tralie or street tracker or super motard. would a zx7 or zx9 frame do ya? there's someone does street tracker kits for some bikes, maybe yours. frames from some of the not too old thousands should make unique and happy rides. chasis from triumph tiger or v-strom. see whaccessories.com for street fighter look. fz1 or 919 frame? worst case 90's magna frame would work, i think. maybe contact custom frame builders, like seely in uk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.