Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used 2000 zx6r. It was dropped. The intake tubes are duct taped together. I cant pop a wheelie when jerking the throttle. I ride to about 6-7k rpms in first, release and get back on the throttle. The bike jerks back but wont ever come up. Could it be how the suspension is set. I didnt do anything to the bike when I got it but change the fluids and sprayed some carb cleaner through the intake. If I drop the clutch, I can get the bike up at around 8k rpms, but it seems like my throttle response is keeping me from keeping the bike up. Second gear is almost useless to even try getting it up. Any and all help will be appreciated. Be nice im new to these boards. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did you try take the rpm's up more?? I take mine up to about 9-10K then let off and nail it and comes up no prob. Become comfy with your bike first and learn how the throttle is, getting used to the play,etc!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
If the pull is stroing throughout the rev range then, it's not the bike. I have a stock, 99 with the exception of a two bros slip on and I got them up fine into 3 all the time. I raised the back sprocket to a 42 and now it's a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
6-7,000 RPMS isnt even enough for me to get my 03 up. Go higher in the rpms 8-9,000rpms, close the throttle completely for a sec. then slam that thottle back. Doesnt have anything to do with suspension setup. Also sit back in your seat. Your ass should be touching the rear seat.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by tommyboynjataol

6-7,000 RPMS isnt even enough for me to get my 03 up. Go higher in the rpms 8-9,000rpms, close the throttle completely for a sec. then slam that thottle back. Doesnt have anything to do with suspension setup. Also sit back in your seat. Your ass should be touching the rear seat.

You guys are crazy. I ride a damned dinosaur with stock gearing, and you're saying that 6-7,000k's isn't enough to wheelie an '03???????
I don't even have to completely let off of the throttle at 6k, I just quickly get on it really hard and it jumps up easily. If I wait until I'm hitting 8-9,000 rpm and try to wheelie, it never works because for one, my bike quits making peak power around 10,500 or so rpms, and two, I'd be hitting redline way before the balance point. With an '03's fuel injection and throttle response, I don't see why you couldn't let off at 4k and crack on it to bring the wheel up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have an 03 and all it takes for me to get it up in first is to ride it up smooth to 7-8k and then lay on the throttle about 80%. it comes up smooth. no throttle blip or anything. just powers up. i weigh 190 too.

on a second note i am new to the boards. good to find a place like this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.