Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have joe rocket speedmaster pants that fit me pretty well, and ever since I first got my knee down, I always drag the bottom edge (and slightly toward the front) of the pucks. I've tried moving the puck around, it's at the bottom front of the velcro and still scraping way off from the center of the puck. My body position is good, I hang off about 1 butt cheek and my back stays in line with the bike, head next to the fairing. I'm about 6' on stock rearsets. The only thing i can possibly think of is getting adjustable rearsets and moving them up. Would that help? Has anyone else been in this situation?

·
Registered
382 Posts
its because you dont lean far enough.. just the tip on top I take it.. the lower you go the middle will get rubbed..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
just move the pucks on ur pants. mine are both worn in the middle and I have the joe rocket ones
I moved them all the way down and to the front, still wearing on the bottom. Are yours on the regular velcro or did you have to put another strip?

EDIT: I moved them so that they're actually partly off the velcro strip, we'll see if that helps. They're actually pretty loose around my calves, which seems to cause the puck to angle upward when i bend my knee. That's probably all it is

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
post some pictures of u at the track
The only pics i have on my computer are from my first track day (over a year ago). The recent ones from our ride are not digital unfortunately. My body position has improved a LOT since the track day below, my head is now much further forward and down, straightening out my body to line up with the bike, but the pucks still scrape at the bottom. Anyway, here are the old pics. You can see how far my puck is angled up.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just bought a Kobe race suit and I have the same problem. My first session ever wearing the suit I wore a hole through the velcro, knee armor and both layers of leather before I realized I wasn't using my puck but my actual knee!

Turns out the suit is a bit too long for me. The cuff of the leg falls at the bottom of my ankle when I suit up and everything looks great. However, when I put my boots on the lower leg area pushes up which moves my knee pucks way up. I am going to send my suit out to be custom tailored and remove some length and repair the hole.

Not sure if this is your issue or not but it's worth checking.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Looking at your photos, your leg should be a little more 'open.' The edge of the peg goes under the ball of your foot, and your heel goes on the heel guard. Someone behind you should see a triangle formed by your leg.

·
28,939 Posts
Looking at your photos, your leg should be a little more 'open.' The edge of the peg goes under the ball of your foot, and your heel goes on the heel guard. Someone behind you should see a triangle formed by your leg.
looks like that might be caused by hanging off too much, hard to tell from those pics though. should still have a cheek on the seat. either that or the hips are rotated a bit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha I definitely need new pants then. I am way more flexible than my pants are. The a* pants I tried on the other day have a really nice stretchy section on the groin that allows you to stick your knee out plenty far but my pants barely stretch at all so that's really as far as they'll let me stick my knee out. I will admit I was hanging off too far on the first track day, but I think I've improved that since

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
looks like that might be caused by hanging off too much, hard to tell from those pics though. should still have a cheek on the seat. either that or the hips are rotated a bit.
+2

·
Registered
291 Posts
i have the same problem with an agv sp4 suit. i have adjusted the puck all the way down and only scrape the bottom corner. i think the legs are bunching up, or are too short, causing the puck to sit on my knee rather than further down by my shin. i have a track day this weekend so ill try to figure it out then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts