Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! got some BAD news. On Nov 8 here in Tally a car pulled out in front of me. I barely had ANY time to react, just enough to lay my brand new 1 month old '03 bule ZX-6r down prior to hitting him. I ended up sliding the bike and myself into the side of the car. Completly distroying the bike, breaking my lt scapula, 2 ribs and dislocating and breaking my rt hip. In addition to tons of road rash. I had to have reconstructive surgery on my hip with 5 pins and plate being inserted. I wont be able to walk for about 4 months :-( Not to mention my bike is destroyed. I only had it a month and half, it was brand new with less than a 1K miles on it. Lukely Im alive THANKS to my helmet which I had just got in the Wed before the wreck. I had just bought the new Shoei RF-1000 in the blue Storm graphics. I loved the helmet, great ventalation for the lil amount of time I had it. Well I'll post some pics of my destroyed bike the the accident scence as soon as I can scan them. LESSON LEARNED, WEAR A HELMET (thank god I had mine on) IT SAVED MY LIFE!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sh!t, I'm glad you're able to post about it. I hope your recovery goes well and you are able to heal completely.

Has this experience ended your career as a motorcyclist, or can you see it still being a pastime in the future?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sorry to hear, glad you are going to be alright. I lived in Tallahasse for 4 years, I was involved in three accidents there due to wreekless college kids! Oh wait I was one of them too...

·
Registered
469 Posts
I know as much as you're glad you're ok, I know you can't get it out of your mind that you've lost your bike. Good luck and I hope sometime soon you're riding.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
What an unfortunate event. Good thing you escaped with the most important thing. I hope you recover quickly and insurance does their part (or should I say 'their' insurance).;)

Truly sorry to hear...:(

Welcome to the board, though!:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks to everyone for the speedy recovery wishes. Im getting out of the rehab center today and heading back to my parents house is Maryland for a few weeks. I cant wait 2 weeks in the hospital and rehab have been hell! Im still in alot of pain, mainly my hip and DAMN broken ribs F$#*ING HURT! But in a few months I will be able to get back on my feet and as soon as possilbe I will be back oin a bike. Lukely for the guy who pulled in front of me he does have GREAT insurance, so hopefully shortly I'll be feeling better and back on a bike! As I said before I'll post some pics sooon. My bike was destroyed [:M38]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dude that just plain sucks. Hope that the healing goes well and you don't get stuffed around with the insurance. So do you get a choice about getting a new 03 or waiting for the 04?:) What happened to the cager? Did they help or mearly state that it was your fault and that they couldn't see you?:(

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Glad to hear you had a lid on. This past weekend I've seen 6 bikes with their freakin helmets strapped to the side while they were riding, f#@king morons...

Hope you recover soon!

·
Registered
755 Posts
So did the police report just say it was an unfortunate accident for the driver to pull out in front of you or is some type of compensation going to occur?

I think we have all had an experience where someone pulls out in front of us and you make the decision to lay it down or to try crazy maneuver. Good luck in the recovery.

·
Registered
940 Posts
good luck on a speedy recovery.....keep us informed on your progress

I'm glad that I don't have a choice in the whole helmet matter....I know it's got to be tempting on a nice day to go cruise around the block and feel the wind in your hair.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good to hear you were wearing a helmet and that you'll pull through. Bad to hear about the bike. At least you still have a positive attitude about it and the accident hasn't got your riding spirit down.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
One thing that sucks about the law: If someone pulls out in front of you and you have to lay your bike down, most of the time the driver will not be ticketed. You have to actually hit the bastard for them to be at fault...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The driver of the car was ticketed for failure to yeild right of way for pulling out in front of me and also given a ticket for faiulure to comply with DL restrictions by not having on his glasses or contacts. No wonder the dumb f&^% didnt see me! But police concluded it was his fault and no fault of mine. Insurance will pay off the loan for my bike so I'll have to get another one. Im looking at prob getting an 04 since it'll be at least 4 months before I can ride again.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Glad you're on the road to recovery and sorry about the bike. One thing always makes me smile about us bikers. The first question after we come off is always "Is the bike OK?"

Mind you, something like this always makes me think a snow plough blade is a must have accessory. Cut right through their bloody safety cage. That'd learn them [}:)]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bent the forks and pushed the front tire back into the radiator. Also bent the front A frame a lil. They totaled he bike :-( But I'll be back on another; maybe a new '04 as soon as I am recovered.

Pics are from vechichle homocide unit, cops were afraid at first that I might not make it so called them in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.