Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been working on my old Kawi (1975 Mach III, 3-Cylinder 2-Stroker). After three days of playing with the carbs, I finally got her running! Fixed problems such as: Bent air screw pin (which was causing one slide to stick), float adjustment (carb overflowing), running on two cylinders (must have been a blocked circuit?) swapping carb bodies, from parts bike fixed that. So now I have her where she starts good, idles pretty good once warm. And if I help the rpms up to 4,500-5,000 range (by tapping the choke), she will throttle nicely anywhere above that. The problem is trying to throttle between idle & 4,500 rpm. She just boggs down with the slightest throttle input, and often dies. This makes me think I need adjustments to the main jet needle and/or air screw/cutaway adjustment. I have the pilot screws backed out 1 1/2 turns. Any advice on starting points on these adjustments, and fine tuning, would be greatly appreciated. Or if you think it could be something entirely different?

We probably don't have any Mach III experts here? But thought I might find some help along the lines of...General trouble shooting & tuning?
Thanks, Alan

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.