Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have the kit yet? It usually tells you what you need to do. Normally that is part of the process.

·
Registered
298 Posts
No, I don't have it yet, It should be here either today or tomorrow. Do most of them tell you what all you will need to do about things like that?

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
303 Posts
the kit i had told you everything that should be done and how to do it... it wasn't a Factory kit but i'm sure the Factory kit will tell you.

yellow = fast

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it will tell you exactly what to do. There is also an 800 number on the card in case you need help. Depending on the kit you may change main jets, needles, slide springs, adjust float height and idle bleed screws. Some of the kits require that you drill out the main air bleed jet.

I have a Factory Pro 1.7 kit in my '95 ZX-6R. I was very impressed with the amount of R&D that went into it and how close the starting setting was.

·
Registered
298 Posts
After I install my Factory Stage 1 Jet kit on my 01, do I have to adjust the air/fuel ratio screws or the idle screws even though I'm only putting in jets? If so, how do I know how much to adjust them?

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.