Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i bought my bike it has been settin up for a year and a half..... whats the best thing to do to clean my carbs? Take em off and do it manually? I have a bad stumble at takeoff.....after about 4k she awakes!

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Are you sure the carbs are fouled? The 9r's have a known problem with hesitation/rough spots below 3k with the stock jetting. Rejet, change the pipe & filter & all will be well...

I guess it woulnd't hurt to blast the carbs clean; whether or not you take them a part to do it depends on how bad they are gummed up, and how confident you are that you can do it w/o making things worse. You'll have to synch them when you're done.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
A good carb sync will help to!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Carbs need cleaned . Use a couple cans of carb cleaner and compressed air . Use goggles and a mask when blowing out holes . Or take them to a shop with a solvent tank and do it right . A years time will turn the fuel sour . Drain the tank also .

tberd

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
If it's been sitting with fuel in the carbs for a year, the float bowls need to be drained & cleaned as well then.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...... I bought it back in May.....been riding all summer and been through several tanks of gas including some VP C12 at the 1/4 track......It stumbles pretty good, sometimes worse than others... Guy said floats were sticking sometimes when I bought it....

But it has a full muzzy exhaust, 998 kit, ignition advance....runs good just stumbles bad down low.....Ima clean the carbs, have them synced and re-jet..... That should do it

·
Registered
367 Posts
probably needs some expert tuning to get it running A1 with a 998 kit

factory pro will having a tuning center in tennessee soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.