Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the situation-After receiving my bike from Hawaii, it has trouble starting. It started up first try every time before, but it sat about 6 weeks before it arrived. It runs fine after warming up a bit, but I wonder if some work needs to be done to the carbs. It's a 1999 with approx 10k miles. If it does need some carb work, think I should wait until spring? Thanks...

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
If I were you, I would wait until spring, or just before spring. We don't have too much more riding time this season, so I say enjoy it till the snow comes, then in March take the bike in to get the carbs cleaned out. If you wait until spring, the local shops will be chock full of bikes to work on, and you'll have to wait weeks to get the bike back. Early or mid March would be a good time to get service done.

Speaking of service, I know one of the local shop's mechanics, and he'd probably give you a better deal on carb cleaning than any shop (he works on bikes at work AND his spare time). If you want me to ask him if he'll do it for ya, let me know.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that would be great. I'm really not happy with the shop around here, so I'd be more than happy to seek the services of your guy. Thanks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.