Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put full pipes on and I'm pretty sure I need resync my carbs, and I've searched everywhere but nothing has told me how to do it. Is it difficult? I know I need the tool to do it but is it worth buying when I can have it done at a shop for like $30? Also should I resync the carbs then put my jet kit on or jet kit first then resync?

tanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Jet first and then sync. I sync my carb every time I have the tank off. My bike always runs a little better than anyone elses. The shops are in a hurry. They won't be as picky as you are. If you buy you own mercury stick or Carbtune it will pay for itself in 2 or 3 visits to the shop not to mention when you do it, it takes 30 minutes. When they do it you have to wait for your bike for a week.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i always thought twhen they jet the carbs that was also "sync". so when i heard people mention sync, i thought they meant jetting. what exactly is being sync, obviously not the jets right?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, does the Carbtune come with instructions? If not could ya lead me to where I could sync it the right way.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, does the Carbtune come with instructions? If not could ya lead me to where I could sync it the right way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.