Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How’s it going Kawasaki family I have a 1994 Kawasaki zx750l I’m having issues with the bike idling at a normal idle anything under 3k it’ll idle down until it shuts if I’ve gone into my carbs and cleaned them again and was finally able to get a very small wire through my pilot jet my question is should a wire pass completely through my main jet I’m almost 100% positive there is no hole there beside the little ones and the side it runs great and is fast and very responsive on the throttle if anyone has some info it would be greatly appreciated or pics of how they should look

·
Registered
15 Posts
Main jets are much larger than idle jets. You can pull and soak all jets. If you can't clean them jets aren't expensive. I used a allsballs rebuild kit for my 98 zx6r . Fixed all my issues.

·
Registered
106 Posts
these should have Keihin semi downdraft carbs....#38 standard pilot jets are measured .38mm or .0149606"

Keihin mains are measured same...a 160 is 1.60mm or .0629921"

Yes, the main should have its hole looking straight into it, as it is mounted in the emulsion tube. See the pic...though a different carb, the metering hole in main clearly visible dead center in the end ....and should be in all 4 of yours, too.

But your idle issue pertains to the idle circuit, not the main (but check anyway) ....did you remove and check the pilot screws? How many turns out?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts