Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one help/ or give me some ideas on jetting my 97zx6r??? , i dynoed it and the air fuel ratio, was sucking the bottom of the of the graph,i have a twobrothers, slip on,and a k&n,.
when it idels it smells like i am running 112 octane,
i have steped up the main jets by 5, so from the out side carbs ,i went from 145 to 150, and the carbs that are 150, i went to 155, i have not shimed the needles, yet, but it still smells like i am running to rich, any suggestions???? please can any of you fellow ridders help me with my 97 zx6r??? thanx

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You probably are running too rich. Most sport bikes come jetted pretty rich at the top end and lean in the midrange. I would go back to the original main set up and put a couple of #4 washers under each needle and open up the idle bleed screws to 3 turns out for starters. Depending on your altitude you might end up with one step leaner mains than stock.

If you want to save a lot of foolin' around you can get the 1.7 jet kit from Factory Pro. It is well sorted out and does wonders. I put one and a +4 advance in my '95 and it will pull smoothly from 2,000 rpm, no flat spots anywhere plus it feel like someone lit the fuse at 8,000. To top it off my fuel consuption went from about 35 mpg to 45 mpg on the highway at 75 mph.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.