Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm confident that i can rebuild the carbs myself. i plan on jetting them at the same time. here's the question though. when you buy a rejetting kit, is that a rebuild kit altogether or just the needles. if not, what does a carb rebuild kit consist of. am i going to have to buy both of them??? the carbs havent been cleaned in over some 10,000 miles, and they really really need it. any help would be really appreciated. thanks guys

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've cleaned carbs on my ZX7 and put jet kits in other bikes. You won't need a 'rebuild kit' because there aren't gasket like you see on automotive carbs. The M/C carbs use o-rings, just be careful of the slide diaphram that you don't tear it on removal. Also I have never seen 'rebuild kits' for M/C carbs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
all you need to do is take all the jets apart and soak them in carb cleaner, and blow them out with compressed air. bake in oven for 30 min, until the crust is a golden brown....wait...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so would i be wasting my time by buying this kit, and is this pretty much all that can be replaced?? i figure since i'm taking it apart, i might as well replace what could possibly have/will failed. thanks again guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the kit is $70 shipped. only one kit is pictured but the price is for four kits. it sure beats buying the parts from ronayers, all those peices for 4 carbs is over $200. is that pretty much what a rebuild consists of for the ZX7??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.