Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I would get the service manual for that, all the specs would be in there and a well detailed process not to mention blow apart schematics.. Its easy if you understand how they work, even easier if you take them apart slowly and watch where each piece goes.. Hard to imagine why you'd need to take apart carbs on an 03 bike though?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stutters on sudden accel if you roll on the throttle it's fine-required progressively more choke this year as well

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
checking them as soon as i pull the airbox-that's my first guess my last bike was a zx9r i did the carbs on that-not sure if these are familiar or not

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
If you did a ZX9R carbs then you will be fine working on the ZZR or whatever kawi your working on.
They all seem to use the Keihin semi downdraft versions.

As what was stated,
1st thing check your plugs out.
2nd Airfilter
3rd fuel filter
4th try draining some of the gas out of your float bowls and see what color the gas is....indicator of sorts of the inside of the carbs
5th. Did this bike sit for any amount of time?
6th. if you do pull her apart, make sure to re-sync the carbs
7th also check the vacum lines and cracks in the boots connecting the carbs to the head...vacuum leaks SUCK!

this is my experience from working and building several zx-7r's & zx9r's as well as working with older bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.