Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! A user on the board who actually has a Flo-Commando other than Dave. This has got to be a first :D. Anyway...to my point...I think you'd have to talk to Dave Leonard for tips on the Flo-Commander...or go to the source.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a flo commander on a stock 02 6r. Im not really sure about tuning the bike. It pulls real hard at tip in and upto 1/2 throttle but if you open it to WOT it feels lazy and very unsnappy even in lower gears. Anbody have any ideas if im rich or lean??? It doesnt blow black smoke out the exhaust so i was thinking maby a little lean, but at night when its cooler out it seems to run alot better
so maby its to rich???????

·
Registered
165 Posts
Keep us updated on the Flo-Commander, there was a whole lotta hooplah about that thing. Do you think it has been a good investment so far?

"A true Champion does not fear Death, he fears not giving his All."

·
Registered
130 Posts
Tazacm,
The Flo-Commander cannot correct conventional carburetion problems. In fact, if your bike suffers from improper jetting, the Flo-Commander may add to the overall problem. I'm also a little curious about the FC installation. I've seen some pretty silly attempts. I'm not saying that you didn't follow the instructions, but I have to raise the question. It comes down to getting your bike to a Dyno to find out 'exactly' where you stand. You can spend weeks and never get it right playing it by ear. You can contact me at [email protected] or call Performance Engineering. We will be glad to help you sort it out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This might seem like a silly question but,
i'm having my bike re-jetted (not a jet kit). Is the flo-commander most useful for bikes that are not re-jetted? or would it also be beneficial to my bike as well?[8D]

·
Registered
18 Posts
The installation is definately not the problem. Iam an experienced automotive fabricator and am a strong believr of doing things right the first time. The directions for installation are excellent and I am really happy with the r4esults except for the tuning problem. When I first installed it It ran like a raped ape upto 9gs and then fell off real bad.After leaning it power curve is much more linear but under wot it bogs and doesnt pull as clean as it does at 1/2 throttle. When its cooler out it runs better. I am assuming to rich but dont want to lean it out to much and hurt the motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.