Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought some marine grade carbon vinyl online and put it on myself, thinks it looks alot better than the stock vinyl, super easy to do, used staple gun and compressor, 3/16 staples.

Attachments

Reactions: RawSaki636

·
Registered
364 Posts
that bike is clean man, literally i mean clean, no build up or scum anywhere, i spent the day outside trying to clean up all the build up on the wheels and the frame and stuff and I barely got anywhere, whats the secret!

oh yeah, the seat looks good too

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it looks ok the pics aren't very detailed
Here's a pic of the material, I know the pics aren't that great but it looks much better than the stock vinyl.

that bike is clean man, literally i mean clean, no build up or scum anywhere, i spent the day outside trying to clean up all the build up on the wheels and the frame and stuff and I barely got anywhere, whats the secret!

oh yeah, the seat looks good too
I use honda cleaner or protect all, it works on everything, from chrome to plastics, to getting grease/oil off, windscreen etc. It a cleaner wax and I'd give it a 10.

how do you like your 2brothers exhaust ?

I love mine, it makes sure the cars know I am there lol
The two brothers is the shit on the zx6r, but I ran a Akrapovich on a 06 GSXr and a Yoshi on a few other bikes, I think it always depends on the bike and the manufacturer's exhaust, but for the 07/08 zx6r I'd take the two brothers anyday, slip-on or not.

How much did the material cost? I don't think it looks drastically different from the stock seat. We can blame the pictures if you want. :)
Material was $22.00 shipped

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a little off topic here, someone answer this question for me real: what is the purpose of a tank pad? is it mainly for looks or does it serve some sort of function?
Tankpad prevents your beltbuckle, or buttons on jeans, zipper, etc, from scratching the paint on your tank, some don't like the look so they put a clear one on, the best tank pads I've ever seen are from
www.tankpads.com

but they'll run you close to $50.00 shipped, love there joker theme's under the street section.

·
Registered
103 Posts
a little off topic here, someone answer this question for me real: what is the purpose of a tank pad? is it mainly for looks or does it serve some sort of function?
Imagine yourself in full tuck mode on the freeway. While you are tucked all over the gas tank, all the materials can scratch the hell out of your tank.

With that said, some of the better features on quality jackets actually have fabric woven in over the zipper channel to minimize this. Therefore you have fabric sitting on the tank...but still potential to get the scratches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.