Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the carbon fiber parts really have much diff in weight also? i would think it would be marginal, but this bike is already light as hell!

·
Registered
133 Posts
well i`m looking for mostly looks, cause i have to get a new front fender cause some kid hit my bike when i left it at my old apt once...so i was just thinking of getting both front and rear to make it look better, then just front, but for weight i`m not really sure about the diff but yes it is a very very light bike!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Anybody put many carbon parts on their 03 6r or 6rr`s? i was thinking of getting front and rear carbon fenders...wondering if anybody has any pics of one with carbon stuff on, mirrors or whatever else.
Just can`t seem to figure out if it`ll look good on my green 636.

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mdsuave-
Not all carbon is the same...some are fiberglass with carbon on top if it. If you want to trip out on the sickest out there go to carbondreams.com Simply the best. Seemless and unlike any other. Also more expensive then any other. I have seen on the likes of Ducati's and such. Brilliant stuff. The weight difference is just over 50% lighter then standard fiberglass fairing, carbo vs. fiberglass. Carbo/Kevlar combo is slightly heavier and has a tripping burlap look to it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Carbon fiber parts are nice, sense thier lightwieght and stuff. but asthetically speaking, don't over do it... i've seen to many bikes with WAY too much carbon fiber stuff and they just look stupid as hell. This is of cource my opinion, but it's still pretty dumb.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah i know what you mean about over doing it, but do you think that front and rear fender would be over doing it, well i guess i already have my carbon grips and carbon tank pad, but that`s it...what do you think guys...kinda sucks that i can`t see a picture first, don`t wanna spend that money and have it look like crap.

·
Registered
755 Posts
My God, I wish I had cash to buy stuff like this. I would get a clutch cover and an airbox. Why did I have to spend money on a girl instead of my bike..... ohhh yeah [:M12]

·
Registered
133 Posts
well you made your choice in what you wanted to spend your cash on...but now that you alraedy did that...time to bling bling the bike and have the gf for [:M43] for free

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.