Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so.... im probably as stupid as they come...

i took my bike apart. thinking i was gonna order parts and do things from one week to the next, and now its been two years.

and i had to move my bike.. in pieces, from one place to another.. and well... i dont know if i can find everything now...

my biggest problem... is i took the carbs apart and drilled the holes to jet em, but now... since the move and all i cant locate all the pieces to my carbs...

SO MY QUESTION.... HELLLLLLLP!

well i am shopping for carbs now on ebay... can anyone... from **experience** tell me
a cross reference on what fits on the 02? im guessing zzr carbs dont fit right? i have the major pieces, throttle bodies, stacks, mounts, everything except the original jets, little tiny screw spring things, and tiny washers, maybe the floats... i dont know i still have to go in the garage and cry a little bit..

maybe someone out there can rebuild these for me? i'm willing to pay and ship all the parts i have...

people on ebay tell you anything to sell it. i almost bought zzr carbs and i decided to post first... i already bought a zzr tank and NO IT ISNT COMPATIBLE. so yea..help would be greatly appreciated. i know there's alot of carb guru's out there.. someone wake up camaroguy.

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what i've found so far... which would you guys choose?

A. KAWASAKI ZZR600 ZZR 600 ZX6R CARBURETORS : eBay Motors (item 120544001470 end time May-14-10 19:07:50 PDT)

these are from a zzr... not sure... look at the price tho... hooo-haaa

b. 2000 Kawasaki ZX6R ZX-6R ZX600 ZX-600 Carbs Carburetor : eBay Motors (item 140282050538 end time May-08-10 13:40:03 PDT)

these are from a 2000.... again... great price...

C. SAFEST BUY 00-02 Kawasaki ZX6R Carburetor w/Jet Kit #1310 : eBay Motors (item 370123452540 end time Apr-25-10 16:45:26 PDT)

already jetted... and.. looks like the exact year i need.... BUT look at the price..
i suppose if i was going to buy a jet kit id end up spending that much anyway... so maybe option C is the best?

D. what the hell are these? these arent for a 02? am i missing something? what are those wires?

2002 NINJA ZX6R ZX-6R CARBURETORS : eBay Motors (item 380224331906 end time Apr-20-10 18:41:00 PDT)

the 99-oo's seem to be plentiful..but i wonder about compatibility.... i dont know any more help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just pm'd camaroguy and he says he shouldn't have a problem putting my carburetor puzzle back together... this guy is awsome.

I LOVE KAWIFORUM

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
BTW ZZR600 Carbs from 05-08 are the same as yours, as are all the 05-08 ZZR600 parts, so you may have bought the wrong year tank... But yeah camaroguy should be able to hook you up, if i had my spare parts with me where i moved, i would do it for you no problem...
Ben

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
BTW ZZR600 Carbs from 05-08 are the same as yours, as are all the 05-08 ZZR600 parts, so you may have bought the wrong year tank... But yeah camaroguy should be able to hook you up, if i had my spare parts with me where i moved, i would do it for you no problem...
Ben
yeah.. zzr carbs are the same! 05-08

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was under the impression 00-02 ZX6R is the same as the 05-08 600ZZR and just has a different badge.

·
Registered
731 Posts
i thought there was a small difference as far as the length of the trumpets? something is sliightly different for dynojet to have two different jet kits for the different models.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
i thought there was a small difference as far as the length of the trumpets? something is sliightly different for dynojet to have two different jet kits for the different models.
not that im aware of! i had a set of zzr carbs in my hands and they look identical to my 02's carbs. internals and all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i agree that theres something diffrent in the 6r and the zzr carbs. if you look at the parts in the 2 kits they dont have the same items listed in the kits and this is by part # so theres diffrent stuff in the 2 kits.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
like what?
I think the jet sizes are different and they have a drill bit and screw to remove the caps so you cant make adjustments. Only because in 2005 the emissions etc were much more strict then in 2002 and previous years... Thats the only difference, i have held them side by side and they were the same, only different carbs were the Cali carbs, they were slightly different...
Ben

·
Registered
731 Posts
ya the two kits definitely come with different sized jetting. Was always wondering why that would be, altho maybe there is a slight difference in the cylinder heads or somewhere else in the motor that would allow the zzr to make slightly more power.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Haven't gotten anything... you haven't replied to my PM from a while ago... and I really don't have the time to do it anymore... booked solid now for a while.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts