Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I quickly attempted to clean my chain yesterday while the chain was still on the bike. MISTAKE!

I was aware of the dangers but now i have paid the ultimate price. they couldn't sew it back on and have just partially stiched it up to try and preserve the length of it.

i am well pissed off. hope i will be able to ride again.

ps. it is very painful! :(

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
WTF? Umm........+1 with how the fuck did that happen? Did you have the bike on and running?

wow...........damn man that really sucks.

I've never heard of anyone actually taking the chain off to clean it. doesn't everyone clean the chain with it still on the bike? i didn't think it was dangerous...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
holyhell [:0] you're joking right? .. right?

that's just terrible :(

what did you do? did you grab the chain with some cloth or something???

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it was spinning in gear as i thought it would be easier than turning the wheel with my hand! the rag i was using got caught and dragged my hand near the dredded sprocket! :(

could have been worse i suppose. [B)]

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
holy shit...

I was just getting ready to go clean and lube my chain to take off for work. Heh... Maybe I'll wait.

·
Registered
604 Posts
DUDE WTF?!?!?!

wow man, didn't think i'd see something like that.
Hope you heal quickly, but I'm about to eat lunch here [:M85]
Thanks for the heads up, though I never clean my chain with the engine running.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Originally posted by chriswillis
I quickly attempted to clean my chain yesterday while the chain was still on the bike. MISTAKE!

I was aware of the dangers but now i have paid the ultimate price. they couldn't sew it back on and have just partially stiched it up to try and preserve the length of it.

i am well pissed off. hope i will be able to ride again.

ps. it is very painful! :(
mate i have simpathy but you idiot!! i was about to do that about 2 years ago when i just started riding and Don guy in the garage came over and lamped me in the face and told me if he ever caught me doing that he'd kick the shit out of me.

he continued to tell me that happened about 2 months prior tohim punching me in the face, i thought it was an old wives tale to stop me doing it, now i see how wrong i was so i do have compleat simpathy

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
haha, i am eating lunch.

man thats got to suck bad. but, why the hell did you do that? running in gear?!?!
sorry dude, ur not the brightest star in the sky 2nite. heal quick and get riding.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i wish to god i was joking! Don't think i'll be cleaning it like that again either!

Do you think i'll be able to ride ok when it heals? it's prob between 5-8mm shorter than in the pic.

i persuaded my mate to take the pic - he wasn't pleased to. i asked the ambulance man if he'd like to lick it!! Think it was just shock taking over to be honest. still can't believe how stupid i've been. Typing with one hand really sucks!

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Dude...OUCH, bad luck man, hope you heal fast and YES you will ride again, that part is up to you.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm sorry but Carlos Mencia's "Der Der Der" just came to mind when I read that. I always use a stand and with the engine OFF and turn the wheel by hand. Only time I ever clean a chain while it is running is when I clean my quad and only then do I use a long handled brush.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I looked at this thread just before I was getting ready to go out and clean/lube my chain to head off for work. I think I'll wait ;)

1 - 20 of 115 Posts