Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody... how do you guys hook up your passenger helmet when your riding with it on the bike? thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I pass it in my left arm

I really don't trust and I even don't know/don't want to know how to attach it underneath the passenger's seat

·
Registered
44 Posts
id say its safe on the helmet lock, unless your strap breaks its not going anywhere...i wouldnt think

N

·
0 Posts
yes it does suck at high speeds. while just cruising the hook does just fine.

·
Registered
44 Posts
that makes sence, i only have one helmet so i've never done it. figured it wouldnt fall off, but i wouldnt want it banging around thats for shure.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Just get a net. They are cheap and serve more than one purpose. It's a bit safer in my book vs. using the hook.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I've used the hook a bunch when meeting my wife for lunch. I know she'll want to go on my bike so I bring her helmet with me. The only time I've ever noticed it banging around was above 80mph or so or a few times when I've taken the scenic route on the way home and was hitting some twisties. Luckily for me (I guess) I have some rash on the left side of my tail so I just put it on that side and if it does bounce around I don't sweat it too much... I think the manual says to put it through your D-ring but I usually just put the strap through the rings and then put the strap around the hook with the end of the strap under the seat and the rings sticking outside the seat... Does that even make sense?

·
Registered
205 Posts
i just use the helmet hook under the passenger seat...never had a problem, even on the interstate...doesn't bang around or anything...no marks on the plastics etc...

·
Registered
857 Posts
get a net and hook the hookes together underneath the passenger seat so its basically attatched to the seat then just take the helmet in and out it stays put high low anything, if you do wheelies the helmet will move forward and hit ur back when u come down but still stays solid...ive always used a net over the passenger seat on my bikes never had any problems...my buddy actually just keeps his net atached to the passnger seat always then keeps the helmet on there and just leaves it as one in his garage...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.