Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CBR is a 1999, and it has a full Yosh exhaust with a jet kit. It was dropped once and has minor scratches that 'are not noticeable' on the side panel a little and a tiny dent on the tank on the word 'Honda'. It also has 11,040 miles. For sale by private owner.

vs.

Then there's the 1998 ZX7R, with a full Muzzy exhaust. No scratches anywhere, and it's being sold by a dealer.

Both bikes are about the same price OTD, but the CBR comes with a stand and a cover.

Which one should I buy? I am probably not going to be doing crazy wheelies and stunts with either bike. Wheelies to me are not as important and carving corners, but I would like to try them. I do a lot of riding, occasionally 500 miles days or weekends. I also plan on taking a trip up to Maine very soon with the bike. The only thing keeping me from buying a Bandit 1200 is the power, looks, and handling of top shelf sportbikes like these. I think the CBR900RR was just rated bike of the deacde by SportRider. But do not let that necessarily affect your vote. Vote from your own experience and tastes. Vote Now!! [:M6]

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Sorry man, but that 7r is the ugliest fucking thing I've ever seen. The CBR will outhandle, outmuscle, and outwheelie that 7r.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You got that right, TommyV! What the hell were they thinking with that front?!?!? If you want "unique", go with the 7R, but I'd take the 900RR in a heartbeat! Just my $.02...
Hey TommyV, my bike is sooooo pissing me off, come spring I'm trading the bitch in!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Let me know when you're gonna trade it in, and I'll talk to my buddy at the dealership and see what kind of deal he can get you. You gonna get a new bike, or one that's a few years old? You might have better luck trying to sell it yourself around March or April. People go bike crazy just before spring.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've never heard an owner of a 7R say anything other than that they absolutely love it. I came damn close to buying one instead of my six.

Of course, you can't beat Honda quality, and it does have the displacement advantage. Another great bike.

Does one make your heart beat faster when you look at it? Choose that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.