Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to remove the left fairing to change my oil last night but...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Not only do the two bolts not move on the left side, but they won't budge on the right either. I bent two allen keys and stripped one of the heads on the the damn bolts..WTF. I still managed to change out my oil and what not but those bolts just put me in the wrong mood for doing it. You know how it goes, one little thing goes wrong and they all go wrong. Just wanted to vent. Any other peeps on here have this problem yet?

Dano

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
i had a similar problem with my 2002 when I tried to change the oil myself, i just took it to the dealer for the first oil change(with the 600 mile service), that way I figured i'd let them deal with the tight bolts...

sure enough it worked, when I went to do my next oil change, they weren't as tight...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sorry, but your mistake was using allen keys. Do yourself a HUGE favor and go buy decent hex bit sockets such as Craftsman or Husky. They fit better and are much harder than allen keys. I bought 4,5, and 6mm from Sears and Home Depot (Husky) and have had no problems. There are no substitutes for high quality tools.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CdnNinjaZX6R: That is what I'm thinkin since they had to take them off to paint it. Just pisses me off. jlamb30: That was going to be my stop on the way home from work today.

Dano

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah he's right, a good garage can't be without a good hex set. I use my 200-piece socket kit for SO much on this bike it's nutty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Same problem here right from the factory or dealer assembly two on the right side seized. Had to drill and tap them out. I think I paid about 6 bucks a pop for new screws from the dealer and re-installed them with anti-seize

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.