Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Would you purchase a CF Seat Cowl?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am wondering if there is any interest in possible production of a Carbon Fiber Seat Cowl? I have made a contact who said he is willing to start production if there is a market for it. It would be the same shape as the OEM cowl [minus the bumper] as it is going to be molded off my cowl. The pic attached is an example of what it would look like, but not that shape.

So let me know, would anyone want a Carbon Fiber Seat Cowl if the price were $200 or a fiberglass seat cowl [not painted, just primered] for 120??

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Personally, No. It would probably look funny as the only CF part on my bike.

Although at this point, I might take it and paint it body match just to get a cowl...

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will see if it can be made in another material...obviously less than $160. Maybe comparable to the OEM one in price, around $100-110

·
Registered
138 Posts
I will see if it can be made in another material...obviously less than $160. Maybe comparable to the OEM one in price, around $100-110
I would be interested if it was black.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What else would you like in CF?? He is willing to make just about anything if I can get him guaranteed business.............Now, I'm not sure what the cost would be as the items get bigger in size, but I'm sure it'll be cheaper than importing stuff from Japan...

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
The only reason to make a part in CF is to save weight. The plastic solo seat cowl weight compared to the same in CF would be very negligable.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only reason to make a part in CF is to save weight. The plastic solo seat cowl weight compared to the same in CF would be very negligable.

CF parts are produced if there is a market for them.........I'm sure not everyone buys CF parts for weight saving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
couldn't your associate make a CF tire hugger like the one they have with A-tech? I'm pretty sure that will be "guaranteed" business :)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
couldn't your associate make a CF tire hugger like the one they have with A-tech? I'm pretty sure that will be "guaranteed" business :)
I will ask him about this......

That's quite true, unfortunately. Some people would buy CF toothpicks if they were available. :rolleyes:

And about the toothpicks as well! ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah my vote would be on the rear hugger as well... Its probably the only CF part I'd consider for now... but even then, I wouldn't until I finish my temp gauge project, among so many other neglected projects...

So don't listen to me, I'm not guaranteed business for anyone :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would definatly be into a rear hugger. Provided shipping to aus isn't an issue... I don't get it you put the address in the same place and i am still paying for postage/handling... Anyway thats another story.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
A CF hugger would add weight to the 250 :D

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Can he do fiberglass or polyurethane?

Not interested in CF for those parts.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts