Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes those are the adjusters.. just loosen the lock nut and turn out the bolt.. be sure to get it aligned properly

·
Registered
211 Posts
I went ahead and tightened the chain up, I matched the notches on both sides up as best as I could, I'd say they aren't even a cunt hair off each other.....can I say cunt in here? oh well, anyways tightened the chain up to 1 to 1 1/2 inch of play, closer to 1 inch and then test rode it, seems to ride just fine to me, I don't feel any difference from before I tightened the chain to after, so I guess everything is ok.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've been quoted anywhere for 40 to 80$ to just have my chain adjusted, so my question is, can I do it myself and if so are these the adjusters for that in the pic below?
Thanks in advance

[image]http://mywebpage.netscape.com/kpstaley28/swingarm.jpg[/image]

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
i paid 19 bux just to adjust my chain. at a very reputable dealer. "action yamaha" in mahwah in jersey. [:p]i say shop around. if you dont align it right ur gonna have some issues.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
ridingred,

The swingarm marks are notoriously inaccurate. If you are particular, learn how to check the alignment using another method, such as the string or straightedge method.

To learn about either method, push the search button.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by Rob Lee

ridingred,

The swingarm marks are notoriously inaccurate. If you are particular, learn how to check the alignment using another method, such as the string or straightedge method.

To learn about either method, push the search button.
Its not swaying to either side, no hands and it rides perfectly straight, I also took and measured everything out, its riding perfectly.
And your right the marks aren't correct, the right side is a hair back further then the left, the marks are also different, right side is straight lines, left side comes to a V.
At anyrate its riding beautifully, taking corners beautifully.
I have no complaints and saved myself the 40 to 80$ everyone wanted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.