Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah i seem to be having a weird feeling that my chain is to loose so i get the manual and locate the adjustment screw and tighten it all i did was tighten the adjustment screw without doing anything else and it made it tighter but the manual says to take off the cater pin and loosen the wheel nut but what ever i did made the chain more snugg and it rides ok but i have nt got on the Freeway since does anyone think i ll have any problems ?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
You have to loosen the rear axle hence remove cotter pin and loosen axle nut) to allow the rear wheel to slide back in the swingarm properly and evenly... then you retorque the axle to specs (~94 ft/lbs) and insert a new (yes, new) cotter pin.

The way you did it puts a tremendous ammount of stress on the slack adjuster screws and the bosses they sit in. Definately NOT the right way to do it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by MaDgamEr
You have to loosen the rear axle hence remove cotter pin and loosen axle nut) to allow the rear wheel to slide back in the swingarm properly and evenly... then you retorque the axle to specs (~94 ft/lbs) and insert a new (yes, new) cotter pin.

The way you did it puts a tremendous ammount of stress on the slack adjuster screws and the bosses they sit in. Definately NOT the right way to do it.
[:Stupid] Do it the right way as described in the manual.

And punctuation is your friend....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.