Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm coming up on my 30k miles on the zx636. super trouble free just did break pads, and oil changes and a front bearing replaced with roller bearings. any ways i am getting a clicking from the chain and im looking to replace the whole set. i was looking in to the superlite x2 kit on sprocket center with a did chain, they have a new chain the did zvmx and the erv3. i have the erv3 its got about 14k miles on it and its been good to me. but has any one any experience with the zvmx chains? supposed to be stronger, not that the erv3 was weak but it did need to be adjusted often, any opinions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and if any one knows of a better combo let me know, or the least expensive place to get this set up.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I've heard really good things about Superlite sprockets so you should be happy with those. As for the chain, if the DID ERV3 chain worked for you then maybe consider sticking with it. Every chain will need to be adjusted every so often due to it stretching.

Sprocket center has some pretty good pricing btw.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
orderd the x2 with the zvmx. figured they said it can hold up to a 1200 bike and its suposed to have great life. maybe it will stretch less. i was going thru cotter pins like crazy

·
Registered
250 Posts
Got this from a forum:

If you want lightweight and race and don't mind replacing it more often. DID ERV3

If you want something lightweight and very long lasting then RK GXW

If you want something at a great price that will last a very long time and is a few ounces heavier then the ek mvxz. (This is what I would recommend for most people, or the rk gxw).

For the street guy (or track guy) who just wants the longest lasting chain or something to handle VERY high hp then the EK ZZZ it is without a doubt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts