Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my last bike a Ninja 650 I just used Mr.Wrench chain lube that i got at the local auto parts store and it worked fine. My new bike, Ninja 1000 is a bit faster and ive found myself having to reoil the chain after nearly every good ride. I started realizing that it was mostly after rides were I hit high speeds and I think what is happening is the chain lube is being flung off. What chain lube would you suggest for this? Its factory chain.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think most of them fling off some and others are so sticky they pick up the smallest piece of dirt.. im in the same boat right now im just using a few different ones to see what i like best

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Dupont Chain Saver from Walmart. You may have fling off due to too much lube too (too often). Every 500 miles or following wet riding is when you need to lube.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Dupont Chain Saver from Walmart. You may have fling off due to too much lube too (too often). Every 500 miles or following wet riding is when you need to lube.
+1 DuPont Chain-Saver!

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Gonna try that...hell u r gonna get my whole check!!
Look at it this way... You can have one stop shopping for some of The Best products you can lay your hands on for a reasonable price or, you can chase all over town wasting time and fuel instead of getting done and doing what we love to do.... Ride.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I too was surprised by how much I like the DuPont Chainsaver - easy to find, last 500 miles, and no fling.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use Maxxas race chain wax. What I do is to clean first the chain with a degreaser product and rinse with a dish washing soap and water. Spray the chain wax and you will see the product sip in the rings and joints.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I prefer dupont teflon chainsaver. yellow can. For my bikes, I tend to be a nut when it comes to maintenance. I clean/lube the chain 300-500 miles, it just depends if it's all street or if there are some trackdays on the chain. I know the lube lasts longer, b/c it always 'looks fine' when I'm about to clean it.

Also, My newer bike, I've had since brand new, 2011 cbr 1000rr, with almost 10k miles on it, the chain is in great shape, looks brand new.

Amazon.com: DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver Dry Self-Cleaning Lubricant: Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anybody have feedback on the AMSoil lube yet?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maxima chain wax !! Clean chain good , then apply let dry 10 mins. No mess . Clean rims , great stuff!! No more belray blue glue......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts