Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE OTHER DAY WERE ALL CRUSIN OUR BIKES. AND I GOT ON IT PRETTY HARD THRU THE GEARS... WHEN I GOT INTO LIKE 4TH I THINK THE CHAIN TOATLLY SLIPPED. IT SOUNDED SCARY I THOUGHT THE CHAIN BROKE OR SOMETHING, I SLOWED DOWN AND STOPPED, AND EVERYTHING WAS COOL.... I HAVE THE PROPER SLACK ON THE CHAIN... IT DID THIS 2 TIMES SO FAR BOTH WHEN I REALLY GOT ON IT.... WHATS THE DEAL

·
Registered
96 Posts
If the chain tension is set right, I don't see how it would be possible for the chain to slip. It would have to be very very loose. Maybe alignment? If it was that though, it seems the chain would just derail. Are your sprockets in good shape?

·
Registered
823 Posts
[:Agree]

If the chain slack is within limits, the rear wheel properly aligned, and the sprockets not excessively worn the chain should not be able to slip on the sprockets. The only other thing that could cause the symptoms you describe is if the splines on the countershaft or front sprocket are damaged/missing/improperly machined. Your bike should be still under warranty, take it to the dealer and have it checked ASAP. Good Luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like you are missing some shifts. When I miss a shift on mine, it sounds and feels like the chain is slipping.It engages the next gear enough to make a racket but not enough to drive.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEA I MIGHT HAVE SHIFTED SHITTY THE BIKE ONLY HAS 1000 MILES ON IT GOT IT 3 MONTHS AGO AND I RIDE EZ MOST THE TIME SO I DEF DONT BEAT IT UP

·
Registered
164 Posts
Definately sounds like a missed shift. It will make a good noise when that happens. For the first 1k miles I missed a lot of shifts in the 4th-6th gear range. Kawasakis are known for their transmissions being notchy and are finicky. I wouldnt worry too much and just try to always make a firm and positive shift in the upper gear range.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Yeah that happened to me once cruising on the freeway when i had no power after i shifted and there was a awful noise, when i stopped i checked everything with all seeming good, started it back up got on my way and just thought that what Redthunder said!

Originally posted by redthunder
Sounds like you are missing some shifts. When I miss a shift on mine, it sounds and feels like the chain is slipping.It engages the next gear enough to make a racket but not enough to drive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had something like that happen. I was wearing running shoes with a mesh toe. I wasn't lifting the shifter up enough and it wasn't fully engaging the next gear.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.